Tuesday, September 8, 2015

So Long, Summer

We said goodbye to summer this weekend in the perfect way, at least by my standards. We stayed home, had no big plans, slept in, filled our days with family, and nested a bit more in our home. The pace was slow. Ahh, glorious.

These two are obsessed with each other. They even coincidentally matched when we went to church on Sunday morning...


We had baby bffie playdates...


We had a cookout at "the party house" AKA my sister and bro-in-law's abode on Sunday night...


The humidity was low, the air was crisp, it was the perfect fall preview...


So sleepy swinging with Daddy...


Burgers and brats on the party house grill...


The best part of the night? The Hoidals brought pumpkin beer and created a blind pumpkin beer tasting for us!!! It was a close race, but Cottonwood was the overall winner. This was SO FUN!


Tina looked so jummalicous snuggling with Mama Mal that I couldn't handle it...


We spent Monday at our grandparents' farm. Nancy rode the go cart for the first time with Mark and me. I think we got more of a kick out of it than anything. She has lots of memories to make in this place that is so sacred to our family!...


Family...


And now my baby girl has her first cold, so NoNapNancy has turned into a constant sleeper. She slept in till 11 on Monday morning and till 10 today. Bless her sweet heart. I'll be soaking up the snuggles in the meantime and praying she is 100% before we hop on a plane next week! Oh, and I even ordered this hilariously disgusting device because I've heard rave reviews about it. I'm smiling thinking about using it because the thought just makes me laugh. Any other kick baby's cold tricks??


Here's to a short week and to an even shorter week next week since we'll be heading across the pond for Mark's brother's wedding. Nancy and I are getting so spoiled with all this amazing family time!!! Oh, and if you have any posts/advice about traveling with a baby, leave a comment/link them below for me, please! Pretty please!

No comments:

Post a Comment