Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Nancy's Nursery

Four months into her life, Nancy finally has a nursery and, boy, was it worth the wait! It's currently the only completed room in our house, and that's because it's my favorite. This room--by far--has the most thought, articulation, and love put into it. I created an inspiration board for her room earlier this year, and it wound up being pretty on point! The only "big" change I made was changing the room color from sea salt to pink. Since we have sea salt throughout our house in various other rooms, I'm so glad I listened to my mom and sister and went for pale pink. 

The first time Mark walked into this room, he said, "Wow. It's so white in here." That, my friends, was music to my ears. Welcome to this bright, light space...Nancy's nursery.






 In lieu of a changing table, I use this bed to change Nancy. The bed is a family heirloom and was also my bed as a little girl. My mama also used it as a "changing table" throughout the years. It's the perfect height for the job.




 One of my dearest, best friends, Lizzie, gifted Nancy this amazing abstract painting. She is an an incredible artist. Lizzie used 1 Peter 1:6-7 to inspire this painting. It is absolutely my favorite part of the nursery. This piece of art is special on so many levels, and I cannot wait to watch Nancy grow with it throughout her life.

In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith--more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire--may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
1 Peter 1:6-7 ESV


 I created this mini gallery wall by combning Design Love Fest's Dress Your Tech images + PicMonkey for text + Dollar Tree frames spray painted gold. Simple and cost friendly! My favorite is the middle right. Nancy's name means "grace," so I love having its definition in her room.

This candle is the candle of all candles for a baby nursery, and it's made by one of my girlfriends! Lavender + baby powder = OMG perfection (especially after a stinky diaper change).




 I knew I wanted to mix patterns in the crib. I am in love with the herringbone on the bumper and how both the gold patterns are actually shiny, metallic gold.


 This lovely teapot is a reminder of Nancy's baby shower--a tea party





The nursery guard. Truth is she tried to photo bomb almost all of these pictures. Bless this protective big sister, Tina!

At the end of the day, Nancy's nursery is filled with so much LOVE. When I rock Nancy at night before she goes to bed, looking at the big L-O-V-E over the bed reminds me of 1 Cor 13:13. Before I lie her sweet sleepy self in her crib each night, I say this verse aloud to her and tell her I love her. This is a special, sacred place in our house. I pray our family grows in love as we grow in this home! 

Shop the post:

FULL SOURCE LIST

WINDOWS + PAINT
Wall color: SW White Dogwood {read about all of our home's paint colors here}
Interior Doors: SW Anonymous
Curtains
Hardware: Came with the house, I spray painted them gold {similar}
CRIB
Crib: Hand-me-down (Thanks, Sally!!!) {similar}
Bumper: Carousel Designs | Design Your Own
Sheet
Skirt
Mobile
Crochet Blanket
BED
Bed: Family Heirloom
Quilt: TJ Maxx
Euro Shams
Gold Polka Dot Shams
Gold Heart Pillow: sukanart on Etsy
PomPom Blanket
Bed Skirt: Pottery Barn, no longer available {similar}
WALL
Painting Above Crib: Lizzie Morrison
Baby Makes 3 Gold Heart: Hobby Lobby
Mint, Pink, + Gold love Painting: Slate Interiors
Gallery Wall: Dress Your Tech [background] + PicMonkey [add text] + Target [print] + Dollar Tree [frames spray painted gold]
Light Up Heart
Mirror: Hobby Lobby
LOVE Letters: Hobby Lobby [spray painted gold]
FURNITURE
Dresser: Thrifted
Dresser Hardware: Knobs; Pulls
Glider
Ottoman: Hobby Lobby
Side table: Hobby Lobby
Left Bedside Table
Right Bedside Table: Marshalls {hardware spray painted gold}
FLOOR
Rug: Home Goods
Faux Sheepskin rug
ACCESSORIES
Lamps: Home Goods
NANCY letters: Hobby Lobby
Candle: Lumina Candle Company Vegan Soy Candle // Lavender + Baby Powder (THE BEST smell especially for a nursery! AND my girlfirend, Sarah, makes them, so they're even more special!)
Watercolor of Tina + Nancy: Art Accent on Etsy, c/o
"Nancy" gold tulle basket/liner
White wicker diaper supply basket
Lovely Pillow
Teapot: Home Goods
Polka-dot boxes: Marhsalls
Gold handle tote baskets: Home Goods
Door Wreath: DIY by Lizzie for Nancy's Fancy Tea Party

No comments:

Post a Comment