Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentine's Weekend 2015

Cheers to Valentine's Weekend 2015! It was so fun to have this holiday fall on a Saturday. Don't get me wrong, Mark and I don't ever do much to celebrate - - cards only! But this year we so enjoyed an unfancy weekend full of home projects and quality time together.
 
 VDay Loot 
The onesie and Food Babe Way are from my sweet mama! I felt totally hypocritical as I read the forward to the Food Babe Way while eating my 2nd Dunkin doughnut of the day. ;) But in all seriousness, I love the Food Babe and can't wait to read this book!

FRIDAY

 How the weekend began on Friday...pup snuggles, pup frog legs poking out of the bed, and pup staying in her "fort." Mark and I got up at 7:30, I made the bed right after, and Amelia stayed put even when I left for Pure Barre at 9:30. Ohhh, TinyTinaPup!
 
Oh! And the day before, I got myself a little treat at Pure Barre! Love this new shirt. It's soft,  baggy ("one size fits most"), and I am obsessed with it.
[Pure Barre Posts]
 
Post PB smoothie. Makes me even happier when it's pink!
[Banana, carrots, beets, cucumber, orange, ice + water]


Friday night got pretty wild and crazy as we Mark began the spackle, sand, paint process (over and over throughout the weekend) behind our kitchen counter. I...just cooked dinner. :)

SATURDAY

 Woke up early to sneak and get doughnuts for Marky (and myself, obviously). If it's heart shaped or has hearts on it, I'm a sucker for it.

 I ate one in bed and let Tina lick the plate. Yep. We do that at our house.

And Mark never woke up by the time I left to babysit, so I left this little get up bedside.


I got this good morning text from my niecepup, Doxie, and melted.


And I let my heart obsession run wild as I fixed lunch for my 3 little galentines.

 My sister found this old pic and sent it to me. I cried. I love my sissy so much.


After months without a mirror in our master bathroom, we finally repaired the drywall and hung it back up.
I [quite obviously] hadn't cleaned it yet.

 And since we have become those people who raaarely, rarely, rarely eat out, we treated ourselves to Moe's for VDay dinner.
We watched "our show," The Office, while eating. It was simple and it was us, and that's what made it perfect.

SUNDAY

I took an early evening nap with this shadow of mine.

 And after about the 6th+ round of spackle, sand, and paint, we gave the dusty kitchen a big ol' wipedown and put everything back in its place.


Riveting stuff, I know. But that's what I love about our life. I truly adore and cherish just doing life like this alongside the man I love more than anyone else in the world. We exceedingly and abundantly blessed with this life of ours. Glory to God! Hope y'all had weekends that were just as sweet...fancy or not. Love it all. :)



Pop on over to Cayte's blog...this month's champagne sponsor!

No comments:

Post a Comment