Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Pregnancy | 30 Weeks


How Far Along: The big 3-0 weeks! THIRTY! As in 3/4 of the way through this pregnancy!!!

Size of Baby: A little over 3 pounds and 16-17" tall...a cantaloupe!

Gender: Our little girl, Nancy Hope Houston!

Weight Gain: +27 lbs. You know what? After passing that dreaded 20 pound mark weeks back, I'm over feeling weird about it. Minus well deserved (of course) babymoon splurges, I've been super good about working out and eating healthy foods for the babe. So I'm just embracing it. My body is doing what it needs to support a growing human. And she'll be here before we know it anyway. :)

Fun Fact: Speaking of weight gain, baby will be gaining a half a pound a week from here on out. Whoa.

Movement: Still all the time! It's getting weirder/cooler/crazier since she's getting bigger and I can kind of feel where she is in my body at that moment. It's pretty insane. I think she found my ribs for the first time this weekend which was interesting to say the least! Oh...and my favorite is how I think I must startle her when I first speak in the morning. Often my first words will cause a jolt like I've just woken her up from her own slumber! It's cute. It really is.

Sleep: Still sleeping great. And still not using the pregnancy pillow I got so long ago..?

Workouts: 2 Hilliard Studio Method classes in CLT, 4 Pure Barre classes back in Wilmington,  and 1 two mile walk with a tinypup
I decided this week that I want to make an effort to stay a few moments after class and stretch for a little bit longer. Hurts so good.

Maternity Clothes: Bought my baby shower dress on major sale (as in it was $20!) at Petal last week!!!! It's not maternity, so we just sized up to make sure the bump still fits in that thang! Otherwise, I am still mixing and matching per usual. My favorites are full panel maternity leggings and yoga pants for sure though. So comfy and no weird lines...like these, for instance:

 Makes me laugh.
Perfect Monday morning outfit to go from the doc's to Pure Barre! :)

Symptoms: Pregnancy brain like no other. I'm constantly forgetting things. Like the fact that I booked our babymoon flights home for Thursday not Wednesday. And realized it when we were riding the elevators down from our flat on the way to the airport. Who does that?!  2 flight change fees later, we had that figured out. Did I mention that I have the most patient husband in the world? Bless him.

Also -- talked to the doc about the major soreness (and throbbing at some points) pain in the muscles at the front of my pubic bone. (I don't do TMI? ;)) She told me that my pubic bone is probably softening and widening already in preparation for labor, so those muscles are getting extra weight/strain/pressure on them like never before. Holy whoa. Crazy!!! But glad to know what's going on.

Cravings/Aversions: Nope. I'm perhaps pregnancy's most boring craving/aversion person.

Missing Most: Let's just say I had a big, big cry on the couch by myself when my mom pulled out of the driveway on Sunday afternoon...Marky was at work which of course made it even worse. Thank goodness for tinypup snuggles.


Remedy for my pity party? Getting into the Word in Nancy's room, which I have declared my new quiet time spot.

Nursery: Minus the delivery of the glider (and finding an ottoman), we are pretty much done-zo! Well, minus a few things here and there. I have a few more frames to fill and a crib without sheets. But the main job is done. My mom is an interior decor genius and helped me hammer it all out on Saturday. So thankful for that woman!!! 


And so it began. Oh, and we hung that hutch by ourselves. Girl powaaaa.

Hubby: This was our conversation earlier this week:
M: Preggy potato. You're really preggy potato.
E: I know. I'm getting really big.
M: You are. It's cute.
Oh, he always makes me laugh. He's the sweetest.

Also this is more from last week but I forgot about how during the London part of our babymoon, we had a king size bed, which we aren't used to. He woke up the first morning after our sleep and complained of losing me over the night in the big bed. He melts me. Sorry for the mush. :)

And last one! We made a video of the nursery to send to my sister and a few bffies for a sneak peek. Mom and I were doing it ourselves in a boring way until Mark came in and had Tina give the tour. I've watched the video over a handful of times because Mark's Tina voice and commentary are hilarious and make me laugh so much.

Source

Best Part of the Week: The whole weekend with my mommy!

 On the way down to Wilmy in the back seat with 3 pups and 0 personal space.

Can't Wait For: Still just trying to soak in that post-babymoon peace, joy, gratitude, and contentment. Sitting in it as long as I can. (Because I really need to after my big weekend boohoo!)

Our Announcement | Weeks 4-12  | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | Week 17 | Week 18 | Weeks 19 and 20 | Week 21 | Week 22 | Week 23 | Week 24 and 25 | Week 26 | Week 27 | Week 28 | Week 29 | Week 30

No comments:

Post a Comment