Monday, February 23, 2015

Family Time

What a wonderful weekend it was! We headed back to Charlotte for two special family events: my cousin's debutante ball and my brother's debut in his high school musical. This quick trip back home reminded my soul so well that family is just everything.

Source


Thanks for all of the love and sweet words on Instagram! Y'all sure know how to make this preggo mama feel good! Funny thing about the dress...I was going to wear what I wore to my other cousin's deb ball in November. It was flowy, so my mom and I thought: perfect. I'll just repeat. Nope. Tried it the afternoon of the ball, and just...no. With the shape of/where it hit my bump, it looked more like I had a beer gut than a baby bump. Not happening.

But I know my hometown, and I knew exactly where we'd easily find a dress and a deal. Belk! Belk never fails me with its clearances. In our one stop shop, we found this Lauren Ralph Lauren number a few hours before the ball marked down from $234 to $56. (I should perhaps be ashamed from the buzz I get off of finding steals like this.) It is nonmaternity, so I just sized up, but the side ruching was everything to showing off little Nancy girl!



I can't find it on Belk.com (where the $56 deal of all deals is located!--extra clearance percentage taken off at checkout), but the South Park Belk in Charlotte has tons. It also comes in a few different colors and necklines. It's a perfect dress for mamas-to-be and non-preggos alike, and the jersey material makes it crazy comfortable.

 Just having a ball with my fambam


A very happy night with this one

Post deb presentation sista bathroom selfie break? Sure.
Also winning in the steal of a deal dress department? Hope. Her dress was <$30 from Forever 21.

 The real fashion statement of the night

Unfortunately we didn't get a better picture of these puppies, but when Mark rented his tux for the weekend, he opted for these shoes instead of your typical all black tux shoes. They certainly got many a compliment and laughs, and now he has asked for some for his birthday (seriously). I might have to make that happen because they certainly made for great dancing shoes. We tore up the dance flo' till 1am.

With my sweet brother on Sunday

Eric made his musical debut this weekend, and I couldn't have been a prouder sister. We caught The Secret Garden's  final performance on Sunday afternoon before heading back to Wilmington. My brother has SUCH a good voice and I was just so dang proud of him! There were tears when he bowed. I already can't wait for his role in next year's musical!

Source

Hope your weekends were fulfilling, relaxing, and filled with lots of family love like ours was! Happy Monday, friends!
 

Pop on over to Cayte's blog...this month's champagne sponsor! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment