Friday, February 20, 2015

5 on Friday!

ONE | LIFE
Was this anyone else's favorite childhood board game? My sister and I played Life all the time. She would always cheat to try and get more babies, so I was supremely satisfied when I played for the first time in decades and my car was overflowing with little Houston babes. Ha!!


TWO | NAKD BARS
I tried these new raw fruit & nut bars this week, and I have to say...YES, PLEASE! I'm into them. They're small but savory. I've been enjoying one of these bars plus an organic red delicious apple everyday this week for my afternoon snack.

LOVES: Big variety of flavors, they're from the UK (I trust European food regulations over USA food regulations...the Food Babe taught me), and the ingredient lists rock (all pronounceable and easy to read...thanks again, Food Babe). WISHES: Again, though I do [sadly] trust European regulations over our own FDA, I still wish these were certified organic and/or non-GMO. Nakd bars are just making their way into the US. You can only order online for now, so I am wishing for their expansion to stores here ASAP!

Nakd Bars, by Natural Balance Foods, are suitable for gluten/dairy/wheat free diet plans.
Cheers to NBF for letting me sample these scruptious raw bars from my hubby's homeland!
(And let's note how cute it is that each bar says "GLEEFULLY MADE IN BRITAIN")

THREE | #40BAGSIN40DAYS
Have y'all heard of this!? It's amazing. I'm braaangin' it ON for Lent his year. It's simple: one bag per day for 40 days. A trashbag...a grocery bag...a ziploc bag...whatever! I already feel lighter getting rid of a few days of unncessary stuff.

There's a handy spreadsheet PDF and everything! Let me know if you join in! :)

FOUR | A BFFIE BDAY
I am so incredibly blessed with a group of super close girlfriends who exemplify what best friends should be by every definition. I love them so. And today is the birthday of the closest thing I've ever had to a sister of a friend. No, really. My sister, Hope, used to call this little lady in middle/high school instead of seeking advice from yours truly because I couldn't relate to/had 0 experience with #boyfriendprobs. (Ha! The truth.) Ashley is a sister to me (and to my sister, too!)!! We might live far apart, but like sisters, we still talk in some form everyday and distance ain't got NOTHIN' on us. I LOOOOVE YOU, SASSYPANTS! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 At Baby Houston's Gender Reveal this past November

FIVE | BABY ROMPERS
I confessed to my mom and my sister, and now I'm confessing to you: this is my latest craze-o obsession. GIVE ME ALL THE BABY ROMPS/JUMPSUITS FOR NANCY ALL FREAKING SUMMER LONG! I CAN'T HANDLE THE CUTENESS! Help!!!!!! :)


  HAPPY FRIDAY!

 
  

FRIDAY means I'm linking up with...5 on Friday: Darci, April, Christina, + Natasha | Friday Favorites: A Little Bit of Everything, Momfessionals, + Grace and Love | Oh Hey, Friday: September Farm + The Farmer's Wife
 

Pop on over to Cayte's blog...this month's champagne sponsor! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment