Monday, February 9, 2015

Babymoon Part 1 | London

Y'all! We did it! We babymooned and it was fabulous. The two of us love to travel and adventure together. Exploring new cities with the person you love most in the world is nothing short of fun. But most importantly, this trip gave us an abundance of special, uninterrupted, intentional quality time together before our baby girl arrives in the next few months. 

Here is a recap of the first part of our babymoon: London!

THURSDAY

 Houstons to Heathrow! CLT to LHR

FRIDAY
We landed around 6:45AM. We got a few hours of shut eye on the plane (and I finally got to watch Saving Mr. Banks!), which was crucial. We commuted into the city through the Tube, checked into our hotel, felt so thankful that a room was ready (#704 QC what what!), had some breakfast, and slept for 4 hours. That sleep set us up for major success because between 3 hours on the plane and a 4 hour "nap," it was like we'd had a full night's sleep! Jet lag - 0, Houstons -1

Next up...spending the afternoon walking around London for 3 hours with my love. 

 Love the history and architecture in this city

 Fun fact: any unmarked swan in England is owned by....the Queen. 

 Let the bump pics begin! 28w3d in front of Big Ben

 Marky said he was getting artsy with the left pic :)
It was a gorgeous day! We didn't button our jackets the whole afternoon.

 We decided that there would be no fancy cam selfies and left those for the iPhone.
Side note: I've never seen so many selfie sticks in my life between London and Paris. We just banked on Mark's long arms. Phew!

That evening, Mark's parents arrived from Mark's hometown, Barton-under-Needwood. We were so excited to see them! Nancy said hello to her Nana with a good little puncharoo within our first hour together. It was such a special moment that I will always treasure. I teared up, of course. <3

 My #1 England food request? To go out for a curry.
Why isn't this a thing in the US?!! I don't understand. So good. Especially for any spicy food lover.
Also - Peshwari naan is my new fave/obsession.

SATURDAY

 That morning we headed to the Natural History Museum...to see the dinosaurs! It was great fun. Mark and I both agreed that the dinosaurs were smaller than we made them up to be in our minds. They're obviously still huge. But yeah. 

 Then to the London Eye! Really glad we did that. I loved seeing the city and its sites from way up high!

 Mark and his parents -- seriously the sweetest and best in laws I could've ever asked for or dreamed of and then some. 
Love you, Debbie and Chris!

Foggy, beautiful Londontown view from the Eye

 These pictures make me think...whoa. I really am really pregnant. Ha!

 That evening we went out for tapas and drinks with several of Marky's friends from home and from "uni" (aka college). I suppose I was too busy laughing to remember to document! Mark and his friends together are the sort of people that make your face hurt from smiling so much.

SUNDAY
 Mark's team, Aston Villa, coincidentally played at Arsenal the weekend we were there. We were very fortunate that Mark's dad landed us all tickets with the away fans. It wasn't a pretty result [at all] for Villa, but we still had a fabulous time. English fans make American fans look pathetic. (Mark loves to tell his friends about how at football games we have cheerleaders that try to get the crowd to say "DEFENSE!-clap clap-DEFENSE!") I was cheesing the whole game from the songs and chants. Brilliant.

 And to top of our stay in the Motherland? We had to...
Cadbury eggs are my favoriiittteeee.
MONDAY
 Before we left I had to document the breakfast I had every morning! Our hotel had so much fruit (and just about every other breakfast food imaginable) each morning. So, so good. I knew I was going to splurge like cray cray in Paris, so every morning in England I had a ginormous plate of fresh fruit. Note: this is the small, we've-gotta-leave-for-the-train-station-asap version. Pregnant ladies gotta eat! ;) Mark was happy to enjoy a proper English breakfast each morning...beans and all.

Chunnel time! St. Pancras for our 8am train to Paris

We loved spending the first half of our "babymoon" with family and friends. It was perfect to begin that way and spend some much needed and overdue time catching up with our loved ones. Then off to the city of love with my one and only! More on that later this week...!

Babymoon Post Index
Booking our Babymoon
Babymoon Part 1 | London
Babymoon | Paris Aribnb
Babymoon Part 2 | Paris - Coming soon!


Pop on over to Cayte's blog...this month's champagne sponsor!

No comments:

Post a Comment