Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pregnancy | Week 17

This picture was taken on Monday...the day before my seemingly overnight major poppage!

How Far Along: 17 weeks  (3 weeks away from halfway...which is crazy!)

Size of Baby: A turnip/pomegranate/size of your outstretched hand

Gender: Please amuse me and play along if you haven't already!
Cast your vote for Baby Houston's gender...Right HERE! -------> -------> ------->
We find out in 10 days! (!!!!!) Hellooo, FINAL COUNTDOWN!  I've been thinking girl mostly. But then this past week or so, my two girlfriends who are two weeks ahead of me found out they're having boys. Carrie Underwood announced that she's having a boy (which is important since we're obviously BFFs). And then after the below bump pic from yesterday, my MOM (who has been gung-ho girl since I told her I was preg!) and several other people switched their vote over to boy! Sooo recently I've been wondering...boy? All that to say: who knows. If there is a mama intuition about what you're having, I certainly possess none of it. But that doesn't surprise me too much because I've never perceived myself to be very intuitive in general. :) Truth be told, I'm content keeping myself unconvinced either way.

 Via
11/11/14 | 17 weeks 0 days

Movement: Baby H sure was dancing around nearly all day on Monday (16w6d)...on and off fairly consistently from 7am-3pm! Most I've felt ever!! I've felt at least one little movement almost everyday this week. I'm thankful for that.

Can I confess something though? Owning it: this is NOT what I thought it would feel like. In my head, the first movement was flutters, butterflies, rainbows and sprinkles. Giddy, soft tickly like feelings. And you know what? It doesn't feel like that. Every time he/she moves, I almost squint my eyes and go "oooo." Not because it hurts. It just feels really weird. Like a tiny thing flipping in your stomach. (Literally, I know.) It's just less cute and more weird than I thought it would be. Ha! And I'm loving every second of it! I treasure this mama-baby bond only the two of us have for now. :)

Fun Facts: Baby's body is all caught up with itself and in proportion now! The cartilage that makes up his/her skeleton is turning into bone. And if it's a girl...she's producing millions of eggs that will help her be a mommy one day. How incredible is that?

Sleep: Great this week. I'm still not using my bump nest pillow yet. Only a little bump means I'm still comfortable. Marky and I even spent 2 nights on the sofa bed just so we could fall asleep to the wood burning fire.

Our first of many cold weather fireside "sleepovers" 

Workouts: Pure Barre x 5 -- I was telling Marky this weekend how thankful I am to have Pure Barre during this pregnancy and in general. It just makes me feel so good, I love the community, and yep...I'm just so darn thankful for PB Wilmington!

Beginning this week, I'm no longer doing lower back work on my stomach. Towards the end of this week, it felt like I was starting to balance on an exercise ball (aka my stomach) since the hard bump doesn't squish. Didn't hurt, just felt uncomfortable. Will be on my hands and knees instead for that 60 seconds of class for the next 5 months!

Maternity Clothes: Nope...although after today (Tuesday), it seems like that will be changing.

Symptoms: I keep forgetting to write about this one: my hands/arms falling asleep while I'm sleeping. It has been going on since week 8ish, I just keep forgetting to write about it. I talked to my doctor, and she said it is a normal pregnancy symptom (though it usually doesn't start that early), not to worry, and that if it gets more persistent/annoying, I can get a special kind of arm band thing to wear at night from CVS. 

Cravings/Aversions: Same old same old. Still loving sweet things and those rotisserie chicken sandwiches I've been having for lunch everyday.

Missing Most: Family! I hate that they haven't seen/felt the bump in real life!!!!

Nursery: We'll start to make power moves when we know the gender in 10 days! (!!!! again)

Hubby: We went out for a triple date night this week, and after dinner I rested my hand on my little bump. He told me in the car that I "looked very pregnant" doing that. I didn't know how to take it when he said that, but he insisted that it's a compliment and he loves knowing there's a little babe growing in there. I've just been in that weird transition stage with the bump still ("Is it a bump or should she just not be wearing that..?") where I'm like, WHAT does THAT MEAN? Oops. :)

I also adore the sporadic, "I'm excited about our baby" comments I get throughout the week. :)

 The date night baby bump!


Best Part of the Week: Nesting. Mark has been a bit bitten by the nesting bug too. We're both really into house projects as of late. I suppose this is only the beginning of that! As a home + decor enthusiast, its' all fun and games to me.

Can't Wait For: I mean, you know the answer to that: finding out who's inside there!!!! Also Lizzie, Luke and their pups, Wally and Jake, are staying with us this weekend, and Nicoley and Skyler will be in town too!!! And then seeing my family next weekend (and Mallory and Ashley!!!!). My heart might explode seeing all of these besties of mine for the next two weekends!!!!

Our Announcement | Weeks 4-12  | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | Week 17

No comments:

Post a Comment