Sunday, November 23, 2014

Her Name


It's 5:47 AM as I begin writing this post back home in Charlotte, and I've been tossing and turning since 4. I think I'm too happy to fall back asleep. I wanted to share a little about our daughter(!!!)'s name. I've always been very into names and their meanings, so it is certain that this little girl has a name that is very special and meaningful to us.

Nancy 
Means "grace."
Our Nancy is named after Mark's paternal grandmother, so we are bringing another Nancy Houston into the world! She is an 89-year-young (seriously--she still gives historical tours at an old manor house near her home) Englishwoman living in Scotland who you could never forget upon meeting her. She's just that sort of person. I am sure that all of our friends and family who had the honor of meeting her over our wedding weekend remember precisely who she is! Clocking in at under 5 feet tall, she is one of the daintiest, sweetest, most well-spoken, smartest, loveliest women I have ever met. It is our honor to carry on her name through our daughter.


 I love this picture of Mark and Grandma from our rehearsal dinner!

Hope
Means "hope" - obviously. :)
Nancy's middle name is "Hope," after my little sister. Hope and I have one of those sisterly bonds that almost transcends our own understanding. We just "get" each other like no one else. Hope has undoubtedly lived out and given life to her name though her story (which you might know about as I've written lots about her). My sissy is one of the bravest, strongest, most inspiring women I have ever met; simultaneously, she is sensitive, tenderhearted, and painfully hilarious. I know she and this baby will have one of the most special bonds.


Though this picture isn't compete without my beautiful mum-in-law in it, 
I love that it has both of our daughter's namesakes as well as my mom and Mimi.
Baby Nancy is already so blessed to have these women in her life!

Romans 5:1-2 ESV

 
I'll be back tomorrow to share more about our gender reveal! And I cannot thank y'all enough all ready for all of the congratulations, kind words, and for simply sharing in our joy as we celebrate the newest love in our life. Thank you truly does not suffice!

God bless our little girl, Nancy Hope Houston!

No comments:

Post a Comment