Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Pregnancy | Week 16


How Far Along: 16 weeks

Size of Baby: An avocado...between 4-5" long

Gender: My girlfriends who are both two weeks ahead of me found out their babes' genders this week. That had me thinking and asking myself, "How will it feel when I KNOW it's a boy/girl? How will I feel to knowing 'who' our baby is?" The truth is...I cannot imagine how it will feel! But I think about it everyday!
Please amuse me and play along if you haven't already!: Cast your vote for Baby Houston's gender...Right HERE! -------> 

Movement: Felt a good bit of quickening/movement at the beginning of the week, the not so much towards the latter half of the week. Telling myself that's nothing to worry about.

Fun Fact: Baby can hear what I hear now! That makes my heart so happy. Also, the baby has little eyelashes and eyebrows!

Sleep: Not the best. Marky and I have been a bit congested and sneezy this week, so that didn't help. Two nights I feel asleep sitting up just so I could breathe better!

Workouts: Pure Barre x 2 (slack attack that happens when you don't feel 100%. EEEK!) and two 2.25 mile walks.

Maternity Clothes: Nope.

Symptoms: Congestion (which I am reading can be a pregnancy symptom the whole way through?!), a little less round ligament pain, and mild heartburn sometimes

Cravings/Aversions: Meat, particularly chicken. I've had a sandwich toasted in the conventional oven with rotisserie chicken, a little bit of [melted!] cheese, and a dab TJ's goddess dressing everyday for lunch. I crave it. It's pretty much one of the best parts of my day. Weird. Also I bought some chips this week that were olive flavored because they sounded good to me? I hate olives. But I'm still looking forward to trying those chips. Also weird.

Missing Most: My mommy and sissy!

Nursery: I sat in it (currently the guest room) for a bit this week and just imagined its new purpose. Hopey found some amazing girl crib bedding that I'm obsessed with too. I already know what direction I want to go for boy bedding, but sissy had to find the girl fun for me!

Hubby: Kissed my tummy and said, "Hi ____!" [Fill in the blank of our boy name...I'll tell you what it is if it's a boy!] He's convinced. And he was the best sport and partner and crime for our "wedding" shoot this week with Rebecca Rose Events & Liveview Studios for Cottage Hill's online journal. He's the best ever. And you know what? Sometimes it's nice to just have to stand there and look all goo-goo into each other's eyes. :)

The only sneak peak you get till it's published online in early December! ;)

Best Part of the Week: Our photo shoot and spending Sunday day dating at Starbucks, consignment shops, Lowes, and Harris Teeter. Oh, Mark made us 3 fires this week which was cozy and lovely too.

 Consignment shopping and a typical night for us in the fall/winter: The Office and a wood burning fire.

Can't Wait For: Our gender ultrasound...two weeks from YESTERDAY! EEE! (We'll find out the following Saturday with family!)


Our Announcement | Weeks 4-12  | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16

No comments:

Post a Comment