Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pregnancy | Week 13


How Far Along: 13 weeks...and just like that, I'm in the 2nd trimester! 

Size of Baby: A jalapeno peach! Ha! Ovia says jalapeno. What to Expect says peach. Either way, the babe is about 3" long!

Gender: Been thinking girl. But a few days this week I thought...maybe it is a boy? But I just do that when I'm feeling too convinced. It's safe to say...I have no idea.

Movement: Still too early. But I'm excited for it because I know it comes this trimester! I googled and read that this will come between 16-21 weeks...but I'm thinking it will come on the earlier end of that because I felt my girlfriend Mallory's baby girl move (from the outside...obviously. Ha!) around 19 weeks! When will I start feeling this little babe, mamas?!

Fun Fact: Baby's fingerprints are fully formed. That is just amazing to me! 

Sleep: Still up for about 30ish minutes around 4-5 in the morning. Other than that, I'm sleeping well!

Workouts: Pure Barre x 5 and three 2.25 mile walks. Oh! And on Monday I signed up for my PB studio's 40 classes in 60 days challenge...woopwoop! That is good 2nd trimester motivation for this mama-to-be

Via @purebarrewilmington
Maternity Clothes: Nope...buuuuut this past weekend I slipped on my jorts to wear to the beach. And...just no. They still buttoned, but I was straight up muffin toppin' in them. Eeek! So it begins: the first pair of clothing that doesn't fit. :)

Symptoms: Nothing this week other than some mild heartburn, which is something I never experienced pre-pregnancy.

Cravings/Aversions: That dang sweet tooth has gotten me in trouble this week. I went to Trader Joe's and bought too much goodness...dark chocolate cookie butter cups, cookie butter ice cream, and maple cream filled cookies. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! Make it stop! Need self control! (Though I'm still holding out on those candy corn pumpkins that a stinkin' love.)

Missing Most: We went to a wedding last weekend and man those glasses of champs were looking especially beautiful and delicious...

So since I couldn't splurge on the beautiful champagne, this is how I changed it up.
Cutely served milk (along with wedding cake and sampling about 10 different cookies...).

Nursery: Waiting till we know the gender...and for Black Friday sales. :)

Hubby: Loved seeing all of the love, joy, and kindness we received after our announcement this week. We were both truly blown away...and a bit flabbergasted. :) Thank you!!!! From both of us!

Best Part of the Week: Obviously it's that the secret is over!!!! Having everyone share in this joy with us has been so encouraging, uplifting, and filled with SO MUCH LOVE!

Can't Wait For: My check up next week because I think I might get to see another quick peek of the little babe in there!? I hope so!



Our Announcement | Weeks 4-12

P.S. I'm kinda glad I didn't take those pics between weeks 5-12 because I feel like it would've been a bit boring and weird...other than me slowly losing my end-of-summer tan. Looking forward to the bump popping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment