Wednesday, October 8, 2014

In Fall We...A DIY with Your Family Traditions

 
I got a little crafty this past weekend. After drooling over this fall post from Charming in Charlotte, one of my fave blogs to read, I knew I wanted to create little something special in our home. I especially loved the personalized chalkboard with her family traditions that hangs in her foyer. It [clearly] inspired me to take on the same project. Cheers for the inspiration, Mallory!


Since the chalkboard in our kitchen is my meal-planning menu (and I am actually using it this week!), I dug up this old frame from the garage. No really...I found it by a trash can at Wrightsville Beach Park one day, so naturally I snagged it, stuffed it in my trunk, and waited for the perfect inspiration to get crafty with it.

Materials
Old frame (find one at a thrift store...or splurge on a new one at Michaels using a 40% off--or actually it's 50% this week!-- coupon!)
White posterboard/thick, white paper(if needed)
Scissors
Gold paint pen

Method
Cut poster board/paper to appropriate frame size.
Draft your doodles and ideas on scrap paper...start brainstorming!
In your best lettering, freehand your family traditions away. The more personal, the better!
Hang and enjoy. :)

 

I hung it in our teensy foyer. This space still needs lots of sprucing and attention (and is screaming for some flowers), but adding the frame helped merry up the empty wall effortlessly! I love walking by it multiple times a day everyday!

Now...what family traditions do y'all have in fall!? Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment