Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pregnancy | 14 Weeks


How Far Along: 14 weeks. So some things say the 2nd tri starts at week 13 and some say week 14? I guess it's a matter of opinion somewhat?!

Weight: Had my doc appointment yesterday...aaaand I'm up 6 pounds from pre-pregnancy! Eeek! So it begins! The good news is, I've read that this trimester is the "honeymoon trimester" of pregnancy. Normal energy, less raging hunger. So hopefully I can up my workouts to how they were pre-pregnancy and feel a bit less like a raging sweet tooth monster. (No really, I've eaten more sweets in the past 14 weeks than I have in the past 6+ months. Weird.)

Size of Baby: A little lemon...about 3.5" long. That's half an inch longer than last week! :)

Gender: Still think girl but could see myself cutting into some blue cake and being happily surprised that way too. Again, #clueless. But still on the girl side of the fence. I think I'm just trying to mentally prepare myself for both because I know how I am when my mind is made up...no turning back! :)

And while we're talking gender...I had my check-up yesterday and set up my next appointment: THE anatomy scan...THE GENDER ULTRASOUND! Guess when it is? On November 18 when I'm exactly 18 weeks pregnant. Amazing, right? I'm like...this girl CANNOT wait till Christmas Eve to find out. That's just TOO LONG. It was all a fabulous idea in theory...but the reality is: that wait is not happening.

Soooo I'm changing up my plan. I think we'll have a little gender reveal (not a party, just cake and family) the following weekend. November 22 to be exact. So we'll know who this baby is in EXACTLY ONE MONTH!!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEE! Now I'm all excited to hit up some Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales with baby boy or baby girl in mind.

And...just for the pure fun of it...cast your vote for Baby Houston's gender! There's a poll on the right towards the top of the page!

Movement: Darnit, I forgot to ask the doc at my checkup yesterday if I have an anterior placenta. Or would they have told me that before?! If I don't, I'm hoping to feel this little hand (that has gotten so much bigger recently) in the next few weeks! (!!!!!!!)
Via the Ovia Pregnancy app
Fun Fact: Baby Houston can squint, frown, and suck his/her thumb!

Sleep: Got several hours less than usual over the long weekend for Nicoley's wedding...but that was enjoyed and as expected! Got home and did the whole "I'm up at 5am for 30 minutes tossing and turning" again.

Workouts: Pure Barre x 4. Missed those other days since I was in Mt. Airy. Gotta keep my workouts up as I entered my studio's 40 classes in 60 days challenge!

Via
 How cute are these socks!? My sweet friend, Sami, surpised me with them when I walked into class on Thursday. I'm obsessed.

Maternity Clothes: The above socks don't count...but I'm still in my regular clothes for now. :)

Symptoms: Apparently my growing uterus is putting pressure on my round ligaments, which causes a weird stretchy abdominal pain feeling. Welp, the bump is definitely growing and I'm definitely feeling those weird twinges!! Especially when I sneeze!

Cravings/Aversions: Still the sweets. One of Coley's wedding cake layers was  called "5 Flavor pound cake." It was out of this world.

Missing Most: Nothing really! This past week has been so happy! To tell you the truth, I didn't even miss champs/mimosas this time.

Nursery: I guess we'll get more of a move on that after NOVEMBER 22!

Hubby: Oh gosh...SUCH a cutie this weekend. He found himself dancing with the bump at Coley's reception. A bit weird but hilarious and entertaining. He was also sweetly loving on it all weekend long and repeating a lot about how much he loves this baby and is so happy to have it with me. Doesn't get old. :)

Funny TMI story: We had our first bump sighting this Friday at Nicole's wedding rehearsal when I was wearing a fairly form fitting dress. (Seriously, I popped overnight or something.) Mark saw it when I was turned sideways in my bridesmaid position from his seat on the pew. After rehearsal, he whispered to me and asked if I needed to poop. HA!!! Nope, honey, that's the bump. Even more hilarious because Mark is VERY anti talking bathroom anything with me (much to my dismay). ;)

Best Part of the Week: Seeing many friends this weekend who were loving on that little bump! Kind of crazy that the bump is at a size where people want to touch it now! It wasn't weird at all this weekend because it was only people I know well and love dearly!

Can't Wait For: More bump poppage since it seems to be on its way! It's crazy what a difference a week makes!



Our Announcement | Weeks 4-12  | Week 13 | Week 14

No comments:

Post a Comment