Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Happy Fall Bark


What is it about fall that makes my sweet tooth come out like whoa?! I saw the inspiration behind this recipe on Pinterest...and then found myself buying the necessary ingredients at Harris Teeter the next day.

Ingredients
1 package white chocolate bark/candy melts
Oreos
Candy Corn
Sprinkles (I used rainbow since I didn't have Halloween/fall colored ones!)
Anything else you want in your bark...pretzels, Reese's pieces, M&Ms...you decide!

Directions
1. Break apart Oreo cookies and spread across a baking tray.
2. Add candy corns. (I saved a few to put on top so not all of them would be covered in white chocolate!)
3. Melt bark according to instructions.
4. Using a spatula, spread melted bark on to the baking tray to desired thickness.
(Optional: add sprinkles/candy corn on top for more color!)
5. Cool in refrigerator until hardened. Use a knife to break apart into pieces.


It's that simple. It didn't take me more than 10 minutes to make. And I honestly didn't even look at a recipe since the method is pretty self-explanatory.


I kinda think it looks cute too. Such a fun treat.
But don't get me wrong. This stuff is dangerous.
So dangerous that I had to do this...


Yep. Owning it. I liked loved it so much that I had to give it away in fear of consuming the whole container to myself. Plus, Mark and his sales team deserved the Saturday work day sugar high pick me up, right? :)

P.S. In that note I was (obviously?) kidding about the healthy part. It's a fall treat. Mark texted me from work asking how it was healthy. I thought I was being funny...sigh. Oh well. #storyofmylife I tried!

Happy Fall [Bark], Y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment