Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Pregnancy | 15 Weeks

Mark says it's looks like I'm just sticking my stomach out, but I promise it's the baby! The real, leeeeetle bump!
Also: bumps feel hard even when they're small. Weird!!!

How Far Along: 15 weeks -- Told y'all that bump is poppin!

Size of Baby: An orange!!!! 4.5" long!

Gender: Same old, same old. Generally speaking withing my friends and family, all the girls think girl and the boys think boy
Please amuse me and play along: Cast your vote for Baby Houston's gender...Right HERE! -------> 

Movement: Y'all, a suwannee I felt my first "quickening"/movement on Monday!!!!!! And yesterday morning and evening too! It was just different feeling and more centrally located than anything else. And yep. I am thinking that was it...the real deal! I don't even know how to describe it! I've read bubbles, butterflies, flutters, a goldfish swimming around....the only word that comes to my mind is "unreal!" (But out of those above descriptions, the goldfish swimming around feels most like it.)

Fun Fact: Baby's legs are now longer than his/her arms. And he/she can sense light though eyes are still fused shut for a bit!

Sleep: Been sleeping a lot better this week! Is this the goodness of the 2nd tri? I've even managed to stay up with Mark till 11-11:30ish this week. That never happened in the first tri. I was in bed by 8 or 9 nightly!

Workouts: Pure Barre x 6 (Finally! Now that's the way I like it!) and two 2.25 mile walks.

Maternity Clothes: My jeans still button but are becoming snug and less comfortable. SO! I went to Clothes Mentor (remember...it pains me to pay full price for things) and snagged a pair of CUTE Old Navy full panel maternity skinnies for $10! I love them! I'll have them on standby for now as I'm trying to ride out my regular pants for as long as possible. :)

Symptoms: More round ligament "pain" (because it's not really "pain" unless I sneeze). That's about it.

Cravings/Aversions: Sweet tooth is still out to play, I'm just trying to exercise more self control. ;)

Missing Most: Still nothing really. I had some Ariel non-alcoholic wine this weekend and it was so fun to walk around holding and sipping on a cold glass of "white wine!"

Nursery: I've started to "research" some big ticket nursery items (AKA crib and glider--I know I definitely want a glider just because I prefer them over rockers) so I know what to snag when the sales hit. Any suggestions/words of wisdom?!

Hubby: Caught me cheesing hard to myself when I could feel those early fetal movements while laying on the couch Monday night. He reached over to try and feel too, but I explained to him that you can only feel from the inside at first. Bless. Sorry, honey. :)

Also Mark practiced burping Amelia this weekend...

We are absolutely watching Grand Designs in the background. :)

Best Part of the Week: The movement! I'm smiling as I even type that! So surreal yet made things so much more real simultaneously.

Can't Wait For: I'm currently over the moon about everything...seeing my family again, next ultrasound, more bump poppage, finding out the gender, picking out things for the nursery....there is so much to savor and cherish! Also Marky and I are heading to Raleigh on Thursday for an editorial wedding shoot. I'm excited to play dress up!! ...And be pregnant in a wedding dress. :)



Our Announcement | Weeks 4-12  | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15

No comments:

Post a Comment