Thursday, June 12, 2014

She Shares Truth: Titus

Cheers Y'all: Scripture Dear to My Heart
 
I have loved spending every morning in the Word through She Reads Truth's study of Titus. It is so life-giving to sit down with my Bible, a big cup of coffee, and some time with Jesus in Scripture and in prayer. To be honest...I'm just getting back on the bandwagon after spending a few weeks prior quickly [and almost thoughtlessly] breezing through my Jesus Calling devotional. Not that it's not a great devotional -- it is! It's just so easy and tempting for me to read it quickly and move on...more like checking it off the to do list of "I spent time with Jesus this morning!" rather than actually stopping, reflecting, praying, asking, letting Him lead. All that to say -- this past study of Titus with She Reads Truth has been so good for my heart and soul. :)

I've mentioned before that there is an awesome book out there on Titus 2:3-5 called Feminine Appeal: 7 Virtues of a Godly Wife and Mother. I highly recommend it to anyone (married or single!), and there are even discussion questions in the back so you can go through it with a group of women as I was privileged to do! 
 
Via Amazon
 
One big (but not very novel) takeaway I have from this past study is this: it's time for me to get plugged back in for some deep, consistent, godly community with women here in my "new" city. Mark and I have been so fortune to meet and make some amazing friends since we've moved. But I still need, want, and desire to be plugged into godly community through our church. ASAP. So here's my big nudge in that direction, and I'm making it happen.

Please join me in praying for those women that I'll be meeting. I know I'm going to battle comparison as "my people" in Charlotte were just that: my people. They know my heart, my joys, my tears, my fears, and my struggles. They are Titus 2 women have--through Christ--shaped me as a wife more than anyone else has. (And it's no coincidence that a lot of that has to do with us studying Titus 2:3-5 together!) Praying earnestly for the women who will come into my life here in Wilmy. I know they will be hand picked by the Lord...just as these women were. Now it's my turn to seek out that community intentionally!

My people. 
...Whooooo I can't wait to see so soon(ish) at our beach reunion!!!!!
 
What about you? Where are you struggling? Rushing though quiet time like I was? Or struggling with having it at all? Craving community? Feeling lonely? I've been there, friends. Though each and all of these. 

Via
We're in this together! That's the beauty of knowing Jesus. We're all connected as eternal sisters in Christ.

Oh, and the next She Reads Truth study is on Ruth! It begins on the 16th. Ruth is a fabulous book in the Bible, and whether you've read though it before or not, I'd love to have you join me/us! 
 

Mark it on your calendar: June 16-29...let's study Ruth!

Pop on over to Mia's blog...my lovely June sponsor! :) 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment