Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Mixing Modern and Traditional in the Home


In our home, I love to incorporate modern flair with antique traditional style. So is the case of our eat in kitchen!

My Target desk and Louis Ghost Armchair ($99 on Amazon with free shipping!) sit directly beside an old farmhouse table and chair set. They are the breakfast table and chairs I used with my family when I was a little one; however, they're much older than that!

 Modern vs. traditional
 
 The back of the throw pillow on the ghost chair is Queen Elizabeth's silhouette. 
Quite appropriate on several levels? ;)

 I am obsessed with this table. The cracks, the scratches, the wear and tear of it all. It's timeless.
My dad told me that it's primitive pine. I would love to know what time period it's from.

See the scallops etched on the side of the breakfast table? Posts like this make me want to study interior design.
 Any decorator buffs know what time period that table and chairs could be from?!

In an effort to promote the launch of One Kings Lane's Statement Chair campaign, I wanted to showcase how these two opposite looks do in fact work together (and beside each other!) in the home. Using One Kings Lane's Complete Guide to Modern Chairs, I learned that "Philippe Starck forged one of the most memorable design collaborations of all time with his chairs for Kartell, designing the Louis Ghost Chair." I've gotta say...I like his work. :)

...But I still want to know more about those antique pieces right beside the Louis Ghost statement chair of mine. Fill me in if you have any pointers?! Please and thank you!

Happy modern and traditional mixing! 
Pop on over to Mia's blog...my lovely June sponsor! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment