Friday, June 13, 2014

Home Tour | Laundry Room


Because it's completely logical to start a home tour with the laundry room, right? Truthfully, it's the room with the least amount of to-dos. That's why it will make the premiere appearance for the Cheers Y'all Home Tour! Woohoo!

I'm still giddy over the fact that I even have a laundry room. It makes me feel grown up for sure. I love this space! It's right off the kitchen -- about 5 steps away from my desk or "command center," for days when I'm feeling rather official.

Let's start with the before:


And currently...

 As a part-time SAHW, this is my domain. We don't split laundry duties. That's my job. (Well, except for occasional ironing. There are few chores I loathe more..I'm a horrible ironer.) I wanted this room to reflect that this was my space...enter the happy, girly wall decor!

 I love that these cabinets were already white when we moved in. Score! I like the cabinet hardware from the previous owner too. Nothing to fix in that regard! I just screwed in the knobs a little tighter because I like them vertically better than horizontally like they were before. Nit picky much? ;)

 Total boring pic, but I adore all of the storage in this room. The washer and dryer came with the house and are under warranty for our first year here. Can't complain about that! Holler!

 The beach bag and Amelia's leashes hang on the back door. Gotta have the beach bag within reach at all times. Also - I tucked some old computer speakers [semi-camouflaged by the flowers] in the corner so I can jam out while I fold. :)

 The linoleum countertops aren't the prettiest, so I set this basket on top to take up some counter space. I love having the dryer sheets out and within reach when I pop everything in the dryer.

 I have our wall calendar on the counter too. It's just easier to write on when it's laying down! Since the laundry room is so close to my desk, I like to think of the calendar and bulletin board filled with events and invites as an extension of that space. Having it in here just keeps the clutter out of the kitchen area.

 Now this big ol' wall with an outlet in the middle...ish?! Random. What in the world do I put there? Or just leave it? The only thing that has run through my mind is a big heart from Urban Walls, but I don't know if that will work with the outlet. I might just leave it blank. Thoughts?

PROGRESS
- painted walls and door
- hardwood floors (previously laminate)

TO DO
[Nada! Nothing bothers me enough to spend money changing it! :)]

SOURCES
Paint Color: Silvermist by Sherwin Williams (the perfect blue/gray)
Door Color: Urbane Bronze by Sherwin Williams
Over-door hanger: TJMaxx
Basket: Williams-Sonoma (Similar)
Bulletin Board: DIY
Wire H: PB Teen
Window Art: Lizzie Morrison

Happy Home Tour kickoff!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment