Friday, June 6, 2014

5 on Friday: Beach Accents for the Home


I love subtly accessorizing our home with beachy accessories here and there. Seaside neutrals are [per usual] my favorite. Take a look!

ONE | BOOKSHELF STYLING
My mom and I found this piece of old coral at a local shop. She thought it would be a fabulous backdrop on a bookshelf--I couldn't agree more! We have shells and coral scattered throughout our built in shelves.


TWO | STATEMENT PIECE
Statement pieces aren't just for jewelry. This coral sculpture sits atop the coffee table in our den.

Coral Sculpture | Pier 1 Imports

THREE | CORAL LAMPS
My mom and I somehow scored these beauties at TJMaxx!

Similar: Pottery Barn | Similar: zulily | Similar: Neiman Marcus

FOUR | COLLECT WHAT'S AROUND YOU
The conch shell collection was left at our home by the previous owner. I put them in a vase on beside the fireplace. The coral stone? We are crazy and brought it home with us from a snorkeling trip in the Bahamas. We put driftwood on display in the fireplace during this summer season as well.


FIVE | VINTAGE PRINTS
Guess where this is hanging? Above the toilet in our guest bathroom. Every space deserves to be lovely. (And the basket is filled with everything a guest might need...from extra toothbrushes to a compact mirror to miniature sewing kits.)

Etsy and Pinterest are great resources for scoring some "vintage" prints and/or printables.

Do you have a certain flair you like to incorporate into your home?


Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
  Cheers to the lovely linkup creators: Darci, April, Christina, and Natasha!
 
Pop on over to Mia's blog...my lovely June sponsor! :) 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment