Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekending | Uneventful + Fulfilling

These sorts of weekends are my favorite. Nothing on the agenda except some good quality time as a family. We filled our days with productivity, being obsessed with our new Vitamix, and other surprisingly healthy things. It was refreshing and rejuvenating to say the least!

A Friday walk with Starbucks in hand. The gingerbread syrup is still out, so I'm continuing to indulge in its goodness. We hadn't seen the sun ALL week, so we wanted to take advantage of the blue sky ASAP.
 We're becoming Vitamix obsessed over here. Mark watched Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead on Netflix earlier last week, and he has been on a smoothie kick ever since. I've happily joined in the fun.

 Looks...eehhh. Tastes...so good. Recipe on Instagram!

 Saturday night tea
Trader Joe's Cinnamon + Vanilla Black Tea for moi (call me crazy, but it tastes like an oatmeal cookie) and chamomile for Marky

Another walk, smoothie in hand, taking advantage of the mid 60s temps in a shameless attempt to show my upper body the slightest bit of sunlight. 26 weeks 5 days and inching closer to the 3rd trimester!

In other extremely exciting news (womp), I purchased my "diaper bag." I took the genius lead of my girlfran and fellow preggo Maegen and chose regular bag plus a diaper bag insert. Woo! Winning. After an embarrassing amount of hours agonizing over too many faux leather totes, I finally went with this one in emerald/tan. I originally was sold on this one from Free People (LOVE me some fp), but that was before I found the other slightly less wide (and $10 cheaper) version. I can't wait for the purse and insert to arrive!

We closed out the weekend with our favorite, Downton Abby. Besides The Office (...and Wheel of Fortune + Jeopardy) it's one of the seemingly few tv shows that we tend enjoy together. Truth be told: I can't blame my hubby considering my other faves are anything Bachelor/Kardashian related. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment