Thursday, January 8, 2015

New Year's 2015

NYE 2015 was perfection. Sure, my sparkling apple cider wasn't as good as midnight champs, but really...who cares? What mattered most was being around wonderful friends. We celebrated at Hope and Spyros' condo. I love spending NYE in instead of out -- I love being with a smaller crowd, still dressing up, and watching the ball drop amongst favorites. Doing that is my favorite.
Here are some snippets from our cozy party in filled with lots of wonderful faces (who I neglected to really get pictures of!) and even more good food.
 Hope and I saw the pink balloons at Party City, and we just couldn't say no.

 Our little fam

 My doghter not so slyly scoping out the food selection before our guests arrived

 We set up the bar on the balcony. This was crucial in maximizing our space and keeping the kitchen open for cooking.

We made a "photo booth" and amused ourselves with the pups using it more than ourselves.

 My brother (in law), Spryos, made a picturesque fire

 The spread

 Yes, those are bacon wraps. And chocolate chip blondies. Talk about going out with a bang.

From enchiladas to Parmesan truffle tator tots to lentil dip to stuffed mushrooms...I mean?!?!

 This was our goddaughter's first par-tay! She wore a LBD. No, really. It even said "little black dress" in rhinestones. AHH! Bless! It might've only lasted for 20 minutes, but hey, she came in making a fashion statement. :)

 Amelia and Harper finally met. It was priceless and precious. We melted. Proud parents and godparents!

Dinner came and went. Pot luck rocks. Hope and SpySpy's place was bursting (and bumpin') with 20 or so people, which was so fabulous! Sweet little Harper was surely the most popular person at the party. Rightfully so. She was seriously perfect and 100% rocked her party guest debut.

Some folks parted ways after dinner, and we enjoyed some quality time with and even smaller crowd for the last few hours of 2014. (You know what also rocked? Second dinner circa 11:30. ;))

 Games and great friends

 Cheers to 2015!

 Photo booth loves -- my bestie Ashley and her almost doc hubby, William

 More best friends :)
(Can you handle Harper because I CANNOT!!!!!!! That baby stare!! Be still my heart.)

We are so blessed with such an amazing community of friends in Charlotte! I miss them dearly on a daily basis. To say that NYE 2015 made my heart burst with joy would be an understatement. It was the perfect way to kick off the most exciting year of our lives.

Jan 1, 2015 was one for the books too. We had a lazy morning (with 0 clean up because Hope and I knocked it ALL out that night! Holler!), a Chik-Fil-A lunch, a little outside time at the Hoidals, and finally to my grandparents' farm for a that good old traditional New Year's Day southern meal.

 So many girl pups. So much cuteness.

4 bffies ;) | Doxie wanted to play the frisbee game with the boys | Sister and the sweetest burrito baby

 The gang. Can't handle the cuteness/hilarity of 4 blonde-ish girl pups and their daddies.

Thanks again to EShakti for making this preggo still feel fun and festive despite my oh-so-quickly growing tummy! I loved rocking the sequin tank (turned customized dress!). The cotton in the back made in the perfect combination of glam and comfort. P.S. If you register with EShakti today, you can get $35 off your first order (making the shirt/dress I wore around $30!)!!
 
Happy 2015!


Be sure to pop over to Lena's blog -- January's champagne sponsor!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment