Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015 Vision

Mark and I were extremely fortunate to spend 2 weeks in my hometown of Charlotte, NC. They were glorious, filled to the brim, and of course passed all too quickly. During that downtime, I thought a lot about what I want my 2015 to look like. I've pondered a few goals in my head, but when I went to church this past Sunday, I realized all of my ideas fell under one single, higher vision.
 
Live Him.
 
If the key to making Jesus' Truth known is living Him, then I must ensure that I'm doing that! I reflected on some of my weaknesses and chose four strives that I wish to make this year in effort to more brightly live the Truth of Jesus within me.
 
 
It's as plain and simple as it sounds. I want to find myself in constant conversation with God throughout the day. I want to seek Him in the big things, the small things, and all things in between. 

I am really good about not opening my Bible. Really! It's terrible! I can soak up wisdom and goodness in She Reads Truth studies and devotions every morning without laying a hand on my actual Bible. The perks of technology? Hardly. Yikes!
 
This goal came to me because I thought about what I want Nancy to see when she watches her mommy. I want her to know that I'm in the Word, that I love to study His word, and that it is our absolute Truth and our Book of Life! Time to put down the handy dandy iPad and study the living pages of the Bible.

Remember this SRT study? Or Blue Eyed Bride's series? They convicted me big time. I realized that I'm a horrible inviter. There's not really any particular reason why...it genuinely just does not come naturally to me. Inviting isn't something I think about a lot. I want to commit to showing more hospitality in 2015 -- just like Jesus always did.

Explict: stated clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt. God explicitly reveals what He thinks about me (and you!) in His word. And what wonderful things He has to say about us. We are free to read about His love for us any time. Thank you, Lord, for that freedom!
 
As someone who loves to write, I could stand to explicitly share my love and gratitude with the people I adore most in this world. I want to write a letter or two a month to members of my family (and/or friends who are family) just to tell them how I feel about them. The most regretful words are the ones left unspoken. I am not one to hold back my feelings or emotions (obviously, I know!), but sometimes it's nice to have something written down. I want to record words that someone can hold in his or her hands and look back on for weeks, months, or even years to come.


What about you? Do you have a vision for 2015?
 
Be sure to pop on over to Lena's blog -- January's champagne sponsor!

No comments:

Post a Comment