Wednesday, September 10, 2014

A Reintroduction

Let this be a reintroduction of sorts. I've seen this little ditty floating around blogland. I didn't jump on the bandwagon immediately, but the more I thought about it...I hoped it would be a refresher for tried and true followers and a "Hi! Nice to meet you!" for new ones! Regardless, I am glad you are here in my little space on the Internet. Here is a peek into my life and my heart!

Name
Elise :)

Age
27!

Location
Via "Wilmiversary"
Wilmington, NC...but most of those pics above are from Wrightsville Beach since we live much closer to Wrightsville than we do to downtown Wilmington. Just over a year ago, the hubby and I turned the life we knew in Charlotte upside down and moved to the coast with new jobs and a new adventure. 
Visiting Wilmington or Wrightsville? You can read about all of my foodie faves here.

Other Half
My precious hubby, Mark. We met at summer camp. Conquered loooong distance romance. And got married after about 4 years of dating. He is the funniest person I know. And I also don't hate that he has an English accent. ;)
Get to know more about our story "Acorss the Pond" on Tara's blog (my blog twin!!). 
Photo by Elizabeth Scott Photography
Working It
Taught in Charlotte for 4 years (1 year of 2nd grade, 3 years of kindergarten - my fave). When we moved to Wilmington I backed away from teaching and became a nanny to the best family ever. It was a great life change for my little family and a decision we made for many reasons.

Loves of Life
Jesus. My family (tinypup included!) and friends. Authentic community. The little things.

Favorite Food
Mexican. Pizza. And sushi.
I'm a salty over sweet girl. I'll choose jamming on chips and salsa over a slice of cake any day.

This is a picture from our honeymoon
This plate literally holds all of my favorite foods...except pizza. Pizza is unfortunately missing.

Standard Bar Order
To be honest...I don't really love going out to the bar that much. I'd rather have a glass of red wine at home with my hubby after dinner. Last Christmas, my sister gave me a shirt that says "Let's go wine tasting on the couch." Can I get an AMEN? 

Sista saw this on my Christmas list and purchased. Love it so much.
P.S. Get pumped for These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things 2015!!!

Places I Shop
I'm not a huge shopper. I'll either shop at Target or online. Oh, and Old Navy! I love me some Old Navy. (And my favorite store that we don't have here is absolutely H&M!) For home stuff...I'm always a sucker for Home Goods and TJMaxx.

Beauty Products I Can't Live Without
Hope is a lot more of a beauty junkie than I am. I just copy her. :)
For what it's worth, lipstick has been my jam as of late. For special occasion nights, I am obsessed with Benefit's They're Real Mascara. And my mom, sister, and I all love Benefit Hoola as our go-to bronzer.

Bedtime and Wake-Up
I go to bed around 10 (give or take a bit) and wake up with Mark between 7:30-8. I get to fix him breakfast every morning, which is truly a treat because that never happened when I was teaching. Note: Mark's breakfast never anything fancy. Fixing him breakfast means toast with butter or pouring cereal in a bowl alongside coffee or tea (or both!). I just like that I am home to prepare it for him. :) Note 2: I know this much sleep in my life won't last forever, but I'm over the moon to soak it up during this season of life.

Via
I should probably own this.

What I Blog About
Anything on my heart and mind. I hope this blog is a myriad of things about our life and adventures as a little Houston family. I try to throw in some recipes every now and then (because I need to be a better cook) as well as some home decor this and that (as it's a hobby/big love of mine!).
Want to know what's behind the name of the blog? I'll explain.
 
Why I Blog
I started this blog with the main intention to keep up with our English family. Love my hubster, but boys in general are not the best and keeping up and divulging all of the girly details about life. ;) So I created this space as a way to connect with all of our English family at once.
Since we moved to Wilmington and I stopped teaching, I've gotten to put a lot more time and effort into Cheers Y'all, and it has grown into what I like to think of as my "creative space." I love writing, and I so love that you are here reading what I have to say. It's pretty cool, humbling, and absolutely a gift.
Via

Whether we know each other personally or not, thank you (truly!) for being here. I have loved pouring into this little hobby of mine and watching it grow. Here's to the future!

 Cheers, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment