Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Auld Lang Syne

One of my favorite songs on my Christmas playlist...Auld Lang Syne.

It is arguably the best song James Taylor sings on his Christmas album. But what does it mean other than those three words?!

I did some research for you us!

"The song literally means "old long ago." The work by 18th-century Scottish poet Robert Burns has endured the ages and spread beyond Scotland and throughout the English-speaking world. The song is about "the love and kindness of days gone by, but ... it also gives us a sense of belonging and fellowship to take into the future," according to Scotland.org, a website of the Scottish government."
 
Source [and free printable!]
That new knowledge made me love the song even more than I already do since the hubby is 1/2 Scottish!!!
[1/2 English, 1/2 Scottish. Just to be specific! ;)]



Cheers to the love and memories of long ago and the hope of the future! Happy New Year, dolls!!

 
  Now go visit my lovely sponsor, Khala!
The Birdie Bowl
 

6 comments:

  1. so awesome to know!! happy new year my friend!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome you posted because the series of books I'm reading are all in Scotland! You should read the Outlander series - it's becoming a tv show in March and is so good! Happy New Year!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this song so much. It makes me so nostalgic. And James Taylor
    www.wearflowersinyourhair.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my husbands favorite song ever! He sings it all day NYE and New Years Day! That printable is so perfect! He'll be so happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This song always makes me think of the movie, "When Harry Met Sally" and they have a discussiom about how the lyrics don't make any sense. Ha! I love that movie. Maybe I should watch it this evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! Love the meaning behind the song and James Taylor's version is the best! I second the When Harry Met Sally reference too. Haha!

    ReplyDelete