Monday, January 6, 2014

NYE 2014 Party Recap

I am definitely a fan of getting together with a smaller group of friends for New Year's Eve. As long as you're in good company, there is no disappointment! (And, let's be real, this homebody would rather stay in with friends than go out and about on the town any night!)

Our celebration was also smaller because our townhome has one guest bedroom and one pull-out couch. It was filled to the brim with three couples and two pups! We loved having a full house!!! :)

 Even though there was no invitation needed (the couples were staying in our home for a few nights!), I still couldn't resist this precious Paperless Post invitation! Why not? Free, online, and obviously very cute.

Set-up was easy! I didn't go overboard and designated the NYE decor to one area.

For dinner we fueled up on a spinach salad and a Houston family favorite, Trader Joe's turkey meatballs with spaghetti. [Recipe here.] It is such a simple and tasty meal to make while hosting! And we had leftover meatballs as appetizers for [much] later.  No one could imagine eating anything else until after midnight...so full.


I was too content soaking up Christmastime with my family to DIY. 
Party City had these lovely metallic numbers!

Group candid!
I kept our Christmas decor up because I always make Christmas last as long as possible.


The pups were exhausted from spending hours on the beach earlier.
They had a big day playing in the sand and water!

 Oh how I adore my MalPal!

 The Christmas card display was still going strong.
...And the boys congregated in kitchen while we had some girl time.

A jam session was the grand finale of the night.

Another highlight? 2 rounds of the game Celebrity.
Think Catchphrase meets Charades meets Password.
I've also heard that it's called "Fish Bowl."
Regardless, it's a game so good, you can't just play it once!!

Sweet friends, I hope 2014 is off to a fabulous start for you and yours!

  Now go visit my lovely sponsor, Khala!
The Birdie Bowl

32 comments:

  1. Looks like NYE was good to you! Your decorations are precious...loveeeee those canvases!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so fun! I love your addendum: sparkly attire. And I'm with you....small groups, laughter, the best.
    www.wearflowersinyourhair.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the decor! You did an awesome job!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your decorations look great! I choose a house party with good friends on NYE over a big party in a bar any day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love, love, love this and your outfit was adorbs dear :) Oh and I'm totally diggin' this new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We played Fishbowl on NYE too- it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We played Fishbowl on NYE too- it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a blast!!!

    love all the decor

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun celebration! Spending time with friends is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much fun, love the party table. I was totally tempted to buy the 2014 numbers at Party City! That dress is fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elise girl...those invites are divine! LOVE me that sparkle - you're so fab! Happy New Year lovie...I have a feeling 2014 will be a good one for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you decorated. Those canvas are so cute! And I can't get over that dress you wore. Looks awesome on you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sometimes store bought decorations are just as good or better than DIY. I'm a firm believer that a good DIY project shouldn't take you years to make. If I can buy something that looks just as good & it makes things easier for me, DONE! I love your decorations though & my Christmas decorations always stay up past new years as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE the game fishbowl! We play it at camp with our campers in the summer and it is the funniest game. Your simple yet festive decor looks so cute and just perfect for a new year in with friends! Glad y'all had a wonderful night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. GREAT job girl! I love the invitations! And Are those canvases that you made?? You crafty lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful party! I love all the Gold accents you have; just perfect! Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet baby angel pups!!! Also, where is your dress from??
    Cheers! Kaitlin

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your sparkles - you, with your love of all things sparkly, are a girl after my own heart!:) Also, emailing you now with something totally random!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like such fun! Glad you had a great time. A small group of friends is the best way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the sparkly attire! And those canvases? TO DIE FOR. Thinking I need to visit your shop soon :) Happy New Year, friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so stinking adorable! I love those paperless invites :) Looks like you had a fabulous time with your friends! I'm so glad! Cheers, babe!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just stumbled across your blog! it's funny how once you get married and have your own place, you don't have a desire to go out anymore. It's so much more fun to entertain! (:

    Sara Holt
    semoore2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks like you guys had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Looks like so much fun!

    Also I don't know if you follow this blog, but I saw this today and thought of you - http://kikicomin.com/shine-bright-new-printable/

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can't wait until we have room to have friends come visit... especially for NYE!! I love your sparkles!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It all looks so good!! The pups are TOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This looked so fun! I'd love to hear more tomorrow :) see ya soon, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love that invitation and all of your décor!! And your dress is amazing. And your pups – I just love them and their sweet faces!

    ReplyDelete
  31. What an incredible party!! Thanks for linking up to my first ever Happy Hostess Link party. Also, if you have any other party posts in your archives, link them up in the coming weeks!! Thanks for helping to make my little party a success!! BTW, still love those canvases you made for the party!

    ReplyDelete