Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Snow on the Beach

I mentioned before that snow is magical to us Southerners. I believe it's even more magical on the beach.

The night before this snowfall, I acted the same way I did in elementary school. I felt too excited to sleep, I woke up multiple times to peer out the window, and spent many moments lying in bed wide awake with visions of snowy sand in my head. I couldn't imagine a landscape more pure; I couldn't wait to get up and walk to the beach. And at 8AM, that's just what we did.

I just want to remember this day... 

Said like a true daughter-of-an-interior decorator: this is my color scheme.
(But seriously. These colors = my favorite color palette.)

Truthfully it's more ice than it is snow, but the beauty is still remarkable!

 Had to get a pic of our doghter, of course. Proud parents.

 Yeah, she doesn't like the fur hood. She was happy till I popped it up for this pic. TINA! :)

 Mommy/doghter pic

 Little family pic

 Daddy/doghter pic

 These two enjoying being bundled up for a long walk!

Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord: 
though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow.
Isaiah 1:18 ESV

Go visit my lovely sponsor, Khala!
The Birdie Bowl

30 comments:

  1. There is something SO magical about snow on the beach! Love, love, love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same color scheme ;) my whole house falls into this palette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, kept waking up almost every hour and looked out the window. Sadly, nothing but ice on the ground. It eventually snowed but only for like 30 minutes. Oh well, two days off of work was totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the snowy beach pictures! We just had a bunch of ice here in Mobile. And I definitely agree with the color palette - it's my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is absolutely beautiful! I've never seen that before! Such a magical, awe inspiring experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awe I love this post!! How beautiful! Snow at the beach would definitely be a neat experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those pictures! You all look so happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is sooo beautiful! I made Matt look at these with me- it really is a remarkable thing to see :) So happy y'all got to experience it. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks gorgeous! My husbands family just said they were so excited! They live in The Destin area!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That looks so beautiful, I've never seen snow on the beach before. Enjoy every minute of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen snow on the beach before! Never really thought about it as a thing before either...living in FL not so much snow on the brain. Super neat looking though!

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO glad y'all are getting to experience a little of the winter wonderland too!! :) LOVE your pictures! I've been showing them to other people all day! haha! Can't wait for the link up tomorrow, lovely!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I HATE the snow- but this is positively breath taking! I have never seen snow on the beach before and it is totally blowing my mind right now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never seen snow on the beach, EVER! So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i'm from Chicago...Now, I am in SF. These pictures blow my mind!!
    www.wearflowersinyourhair.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so gorgeous! It looks very peaceful, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous! That really is a wonderful color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is quite interesting to see snow on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! We saw snow like this in Galveston Christmas of '04. It's such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never seen snow on the beach before, so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing!!!! I am so jealous!!!! California just got it's first real rain of Winter and it only lasted one day.

    XO
    Sara
    Life as a Hughes

    ReplyDelete
  22. So gorgeous! I heard that the coast got a lot more snow than we did inland (I live in Chapel Hill, NC) and I have never seen snow on the beach. That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's safe to say that I have never seen snow on a beach before! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous pictures on the beach! You are right. Snow does look pretty cool on it. Your dog is too cute too! Happy snow day girl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely beautiful!!! Enjoy the cold, fun weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Snow on the beach is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete