Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Before the Blog: English Wedding Blessing


So as I alluded to yesterday, we had a bit of a mini-moon. And the reason why? We flew back over to England and had a wedding blessing that was held exactly one week after our wedding in the States!

On August 18, 2012, we celebrated our wedding with Mark's extended family and closest family friends in England.

I mean...I know. Could it get more picturesque?!
This is St. Mary's Church in Dunstall. It's a short walk from the village where Mark grew up.

This time we walked down the aisle together!
Our beautiful bridesmaids, Mia and Evie, led the way.

The church hall fit our celebration perfectly. My mum-in-law is a visionary!
I gave her the reigns on deciding every detail, and can we just say that she nailed it?!
 
Not gonna lie, I totally felt like Kate when we sat down during the ceremony.
What? I didn't know the English did that until the Royal Wedding. ;)

This little bit was an African tradition our vicar incorporated into the ceremony.
Little did we know we would be traveling to Burundi together less than one year later!

Saying our vows again 1 week later was incredible!
And did I mention that this lovely dress was my sister's prom dress years ago?! Thanks, sista!

 
My mommy, brother, and Mimi came over from NC to the England for the event!! 

 I love this of Mark and his beautiful mum.

  
More newlywed pictures!

  The flag theme continues in our house today too.

Do y'all know about Pimms? Because I didn't until this exact moment. It's my jam.
 
With Grandma, Nana, and Granddad. Grandparents are the best.

 
Our English family
We love and miss y'all so, so, so much!!!!!!! xxxxxxxx

The whole gang at the blessing! Wahoo!!

When in England...get a wedding photo by the sheep. So English, right?! ;)

The perfectly lovely and delectable cake Katherine made...! Baking queen!!

One of my most favorite pictures from the day.
  
I love how English weddings last all day. The ceremony began at 2:00 and we stayed until late at night. I so appreciated the quality time we got to spend with the friends and family we do not get to see as often!

Thank you immeasurably, Debbie, for planning this absolutely unforgettable and day!! I love you! It was way beyond my wildest dreams to have this as a part of our wedding! (And we all know that I started dreaming about my wedding loooong before Mark was ever in the picture!)

All photos above were taken by Lucinda Smith Photography.

P.S Don't forget to enter the giveaway for a free 8x10 custom photo canvas!

Now go visit my lovely sponsor, Khala!
The Birdie Bowl
 

40 comments:

  1. Just when I thought it couldn't get more beautiful, it did!! How stunning! Your dress was so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, how flipping beautiful are you?! This is just to die for, Elise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That is so awesome! What a fun and unique experience to start your life together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing tradition and how great that you family was able to come over as well!! You both looked wonderful and so happy and so in love - duh lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely stunning. I love every detail

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow wow WOW! you look gorgeous, and that church is breathtaking! i love that you guys were able to go to England and have a blessing for your husband's family! so special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH. MY. GOSH. these are perfect! It's like a fairytale, and the pictures are so picturesque -- and you are glowing! thanks for sharing these!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so neat that y'all got to have this with Mark's family & close friends! It was absolutely beautiful & looks like the perfect day to wrap up the perfect week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! You look amazing and the whole setting is gorgeous! Adorable couple :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How stinkin' cute is this?! What a fun tradition!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How beautiful!!! This is something you will never forget..

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a positively dreamy day! I don't think you can get any better then that for a perfectly English ceremony. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful! Makes me want an English wedding myself!

    ReplyDelete
  14. to.die.for!! That was so neat and thank you for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Words can not even express how gorgeous your story and pictures are! Ps. I'm digging you with blonde hair ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you looked beautiful! What an incredible wedding! This is such a good idea, before the blog! Please do more!

    ReplyDelete
  17. GORGEOUS!! Such a beautiful day!! Quick question...will you be doing a link up for the Wife After God devotion??

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE YOUR DRESS! So dreamy! I love that you've been sharing your life before the blog with us, dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, how beautiful!! And what a special thing to get to do. I love that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this! What a special thing to get to celebrate with loved ones who couldn't make the trip over for a ceremony here in the states. Absolutely lovely! I've no doubt that you'll cherish the memories for many long years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So so beautiful...flowers, dress, location...LOVE! You are one classy lady!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel like I just witnessed a fairy tale! How beautiful and special :) Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Being able to celebrate twice sounds like heaven! You looked absolutely stunning as well!

    ReplyDelete
  24. How special! I'm sure his family loved being a part of your special, special day! Y'all are too cute to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Um hello gorgeous girl! I can't believe that was your sister's prom dress, it is preppy perfection! Everything about this mini-moon/blessing is perfect! What a fabulous thing to get to do!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ugh! I'm totally obsessed! This is sheer perfection and you are beyond beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a fairy tale! For real! Dying! Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So amazing that you had an English blessing too! I love, love, love the reception hall- gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my gosh. How GORGEOUS! I love this, you are beautiful. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is AMAZING and so so beautiful - I adore every single picture. How sweet that y'all had a celebration there and here - I love it! Pretty pretty pretty. And you look awesome in that dress! Adore the subtle stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  31. What beautiful pictures!! My mum and her family are from Scotland, so I have a soft spot for the UK :)) There is nothing more romantic than an old English church in a small village :)

    Love your blog - can't wait to catch up on your posts!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh my goodness! How cute is this? You got to have not one but two amazing weddings! What an amazing story you'll have to tell your future children one day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. How insanely gorgeous!! You were a stunning bride!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is so neat!! Everything about it was so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is amazing!!! Soooo beautiful!

    Xo, Julia
    http://www.georgiapeachmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete