Friday, January 3, 2014

5 on Friday: Cheers to the New Year with Friends!


Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

Cheers to the lovely lady creators of this 5 on Friday link-up (hiii Darci, April, Christina, and Natasha!)!!

Guess what?!
Cheers Y'all is a domain now!!
Cheers to www.cheersyallblog.com!
Woopwoop!  


Y'all might remember from this post that we had friends in town for New Year's Eve (and the days before and after). Our townhome was busting at the seams in all of the happiest ways! Here are some snapshots from our time together. :)


LAUGHTER
By night one of the 6 of us together, my cheeks were hurting (for real) from laughing and smiling so much. No lie. London is the most entertaining human I've ever met, and he set up an obstacle course for Mark to complete when he walked in the door from work.

 Tina on display! // The surprise obstacle course mentioned above. Booby traps, a tape forest, and a hopeful trip over the wicket ending in a dog bowl face plant. It didn't go exactly as planned. ;) // The boys New Year's Day Loony Dook. They are crazy!


BEACH TIME
We spent most of December 31 walking on the beach. A soccer ball, pups, good friends, and an empty beach kept us entertained for hours!

MUSIC
Music is such a love of mine! Marky can strum a few chords on the guitar, but he doesn't consider himself a musician of sorts. With Kyle and Julia around to play guitar, sing-alongs were a go-to each night! And London is the best improvisational singer ever, of course.

NYE FUN
No big spending for us on NYE! We had Trader Joe's turkey meatballs with spaghetti for dinner and then stayed in!! We had the best time. Good company is all you need for a special and happy NYE!


WIFE AFTER GOD DEVOTIONAL
I started reading this on January 1, and I am so excited about it! More details are in my post here. I am loving it so far. It has been a great way to center my mind and my intention each day!

Join in the conversation on Instagram!!
Follow along! Let's chat and be in community with each other! :)


  Now go visit my lovely sponsor, Khala!
The Birdie Bowl

39 comments:

  1. I luvvvv those cocktail napkins! Your New Years seems similar to ours... So much more fun to spend it at home with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh the coast....ahhh the coast....and once more ahhh the coast. Which beach do you run out to Wrightsville? I love the point at Carolina...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stayed in too! Sometimes those nights are the best :) Oh course, mine didn't have the same beach view though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on having the domain now!! Love the party decorations - staying in is the way to go!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like such a fun night and you looked gorgeous!! What a cute dress!! :) Have a great first wkd of 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw it looks like you had a fabulous break! I'm jealous of those beach pictures. So glad you ended 2013 with a bang! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I just started following you on instagram. I'm very interested in that book you are reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha I laughed out loud at the picture of London holding Amelia up in the air! I think she and Chuck would make for a darling puppy couple : ) So happy you had a fabulous holiday my friend! Thank you for being such a fabulous blogging bestie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Staying in with friends is the best! I did that for NYE as well, and it was one of the best ones ever!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute lil NYE party!!! And I can't wait to hear what you think of that devotional!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so jealous that you were able to go to the beach this past week! We are up to our eyeballs in snow (OK, maybe not that dramatic). Thanks for commenting on my blog and I'll definitely be coming back to read more!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a great NYE! We were at the beach too, and there is something super wonderful about being at the beach in the winter! You have your own domain!! So exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving your NYE party decor, so fun!

    My devotional comes in tomorrow, so I am excited to start it up - I need to follow you on instagram because I'd love to get your take on things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you had a great New Year's spent with great people! Those are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute NYE party, I love those leopard napkins!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a fun NYE!!!!! That devotional looks awesome!!! Can't wait to hear more about it! Happy weekend, dear!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a FUN week! The obstacle course cracked me up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a GREAT time! We spent NYE at the beach too and even though our weather was kinda crummy it was still fun! This is an amazing devo and I am excited to find accountability to getting through it this time :) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like y'all might be having a little too much fun! HAHA!! Is there even such a thing??

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh! You were on the beach on New Year's?!?! What a DREAM!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like y'all had a great time together! Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I knew I would love that dress on you girl, looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love all the details of the NYE party!! I am LOVING Wife After God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on the domain name!! Looks like you had a really fun new year's eve! I'm jealous of your time spend on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I heard about this devotional, yes, please let us know what you think of it. Such a hard thing to wrap my mind around. I tend to put my family before God. I need some help in this department.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the pics! Especially the beach ones! Happy 2014 to you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your NYE party!!! And that obstacle course looks hysterical!!

    Happy weekending :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love starting a new devotional. I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Couldn't agree more that good company is all you need for a good NYE! Love seeing how much fun you had with your friends. Enjoy that devo...it's one I'll go back to time and again. :) Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. love this list! esp when all you need is good company because it's so true as you get older :) found your blog from the link up and i can't wait to read more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your NYE setup!!! Looking forward to reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I grew up in Florida and thoroughly miss NYE on the beach!! We would always go to a friend's beach house and enjoy the sunset. Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ok we are coming to your place for new years next year - it looks like you had such a blast! congrats on the domain and stay warm this weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  34. I LOVE the New Years canvases! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. That obstacle course is too funny!! Any day spent at the beach is a good day! You looked fabulous on NYE. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Those decorations are to DIE for!

    www.abettertina.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Yay for a new domain!! And looks like you guys had fun with your guests! And the beach photos – too cute! I need a good beach in my life right now!! Happy Day! xo

    ReplyDelete