Monday, November 4, 2013

weekend recap: engagement fun!

Hey there little darlings!

I am back in action after a few days off since the end of the 31 Days series. I loved writing those posts, and they definitely gave me direction as to what I want this blog to be about!

So I have GOT to show y'all a few pics from our amazing long weekend. Mark got the day off work on Friday (yipee! yay hubs!), so we drove to Charlotte on Halloween night!! It was our first trip back since we moved to Wilmy...and the first time I'd seen my BFF sister in nearly 4 months...so boy oh boy was it a complete whirlwind of FUN!

Ready for the loveliest photo dump ever? Pre-wedding festivities are SO EXCITING!! My sissy gets married in May, and we had fun celebrating her upcoming nuptials all weekend long!!!

FRIDAY 
www.kristinvining.com
 Do you die?! How aaammaaazzziinnngg is this?

I had the best time at Hope and Sypros' engagement pictures. I was seriously so sad when they were over!! They were shot at one of my favorite places on earth, my grandparents' farm. Aaaand Hope and I love love love and adore (oh so much) Kristin and Lindsey, whose presence made the morning absolutely flawless and perfect.

This is my crew. :)
 
We snapped a shot of the four of us before heading out for a fancy dinner with Spyros' parents and my family (since it was his fam's first time in Charlotte)! As sisters, Hope and I are so lucky that our men love each other. Like, a lot. And I love Spyros so much!!! I can honestly say that I've truly looked at him more as a brother than my sister's boyfriend (now fiance!) nearly the whole time they've been dating.
 
SATURDAY
I got my haircut. Which was so amazing and so crucial because I had about 3 inches of dead scarecrow ends before that lovely appointment. (And if you're in Charlotte, Allison should be your girl. She has been doing my hair since college and is now my friend over my hair goddess. ;))  

Then we went to the Lenny Boy taproom...a business near and dear to my heart because Marky used to work there for a bit. And because it's amazing (and amazing for you!!!!). I miss having Lenny Boy in my fridge at any given moment. I am so glad we squeezed it into our jam-packed weekend of fun!
Elite Beet is where it's at, y'all. I am obsessed. And it helps that it's naturally (and oh so beautifully) hot pink!

Finally it was engagement party time!!!!!


The hosts did an amazing job with this party. It was perfect in every way!!! And how precious are these pumpkins (and the hotties standing in front of them!)?!? Cheers to Hope & Spyros!!

SUNDAY

I stinkin love the Panthers. As the pretend son in my family (till my brother came along when I was 11), Dad toted me to every Panthers game for years. He created a dedicated fan in me! I am so glad Marky and I were able to go to the game on Sunday!!! 


Would you believe that my English hubs is now an "American football" fan too? I made a Panthers fan out of him. Woopwoop! :)

--------------------------
 
I could keep on rambling about how wonderful the weekend us. There were tons of little moments in between these highlights that just made my heart sing all weekend long! So good to visit my hometown...love me some QC!

Hope you all had safe and fabulous weekends too!! I [obviously] loved ours so much. It was the kind that's so good...you need a weekend from your weekend. :)

Keep in touch, dolls!!
post signature

31 comments:

  1. what a great weekend! yay for the party, football, and hair cut which is super adorbs!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome weekend! I want that pink drink! Your hair looks fab! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is so cute! My sister just got engaged so she gets a turn soon!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I SERIOUSLY need to make it out to Charlotte. Sounds wonderful! Congrats to your sister and to you for gaining a new brother! Their party looked like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a fun weekend!
    Our Falcons lost to your Panthers because we suck so bad! haha :)
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That 'Elite Beet' juice looks delicious! Sounds (and looks!) like you had a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so much excitement! Adore those pumpkins with their names carved in, such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a fun weekend celebrating!! love the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sisters pictures look amazing! That's awesome you have such a great relationship with your soon to be BIL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That engagement picture is amazing!!! Glad you had a great weekend! Love that you have converted your hubs to like football :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic weekend, love the pic of you two at the game, adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those sort of weekends! I'm still recovering from ours as well! :) Love the pumpkins at the engagement party! Sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elise!!! I've been missing your updates! You and your sister are TOOO gorgeous! Looks like the most amazing weekend; such joy! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww...are you the sweetest or what!!!?! i've truly missed my sweet little blogging community! for real!!! back in wilmington and back to reality now! :) and you're exactly right...such joy ALL weekend long!! hugging you, sweet friend!!!
      xx

      Delete
  14. Those pumpkins are amazing!! Sounds like the party and the entire weekend was awesome! By the way, whatever that elite beet juice is.. yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those pumpkins are so perfect and precious!!! :) You are both beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, and I am new to your blog. I love your name, and that you married your summer camp love (and that he is from England). Too neat. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh hello love!! and, umm, thank you, thank you, thank you!?! YES! are you the sweetest or WHAT! gosh golly! i love you to bits already!!!! :) xx

      Delete
  17. What a great weekend!! I'm glad you had such a good time. We all need those weekends from time to time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun weekend!
    My youngest sister is engaged too, and it's been SO fun celebrating with her so far.

    ps: you're pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooooh man, this post made me miss Charlotte so, so much! I lived there for 5 years before I moved to SC for Justin....and it is my absolute fave city on earth! and um, that engagement pic is just perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That pink drink looks amazeballs!! The pics of your sis and her fiance are gorgeous!! Looks like an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that your grandparents have a farm! That sounds like such an amazing place to visit. Found you through the dwelling tree, so glad I did- everything about you is DARLING! :) Sarah @ thejellyjars.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! you are so dear!! so glad we've connected!!! thanks for the love and encouragement! sending you hugs!!!
      xx

      Delete
  22. no. that first picture cannot even be real.

    ReplyDelete