Friday, November 29, 2013

5 on Friday

Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

Cheers to the lovely lady creators of this 5 on Friday link-up (hiii Darci, April, Christina, and Natasha!)!!

[Planned ahead and wrote this post on Tuesday! But I already know so many of the week's faves!
Sharing nonetheless...! Cheers!!]

YES. AND AMEN.
I heard this analogy before...but I hadn't seen it in an ecard yet until I spotted it on Ashley's blog Monday morning!! It completely epitomizes my brain ALL the time...especially on a week like this one when we are traveling!


Source : a & o on the go : Check out sweet Ashley's blog!! :)

PACKING
Although packing adds to the situation above, I love packing for our little family of three. (Yes, I pack for my husband and Amelia). I love that the hubs trusts me to pack for him completely...and, let's be real...I love having control of the outfit situation. I said it. But it's mutually beneficial because he'd rather me pack for him anyway!!!! :)




I may have gotten a little giddy deciding on our Thanksgiving outfits.
Read more about them in this post from earlier this week!



VON TRAPP WANNABES
Y'all know I watched the Making of the Sound of Music (Carrie's version) on Wednesday night (duh). I also came across this gem from a few Christmases ago with all of my cousins.




...And in this picture we are channeling our inner Von Trapp family...lined up from youngest to oldest.
We love each other a whole lot. And we are ridiculous together.

 

GAMES
It is no secret that I have loved games my whole life. I'm not a competitve person -- I just think games are plain ol' fun. Every holiday season, us cousins coax our aunts and uncles and grandparents into playing with us. We have the most fun. And there are always tears because of how hard we are laughing!!


Source
Our family favorites are Apples to Apples, Scattegories, Scrabble, and especially CELEBRITY. Does anyone else play that? You don't need a game board or anything for it. Just some paper, pens, and a hat for shuffling it all up. It's a mix of Catchphrase, Charades, and Password combined into one game. It gets really heated (and hilarious) when our family plays.... :)


HEALTH 
The best for last...I could not be more thankful that my sissy is much healthier this year. She handled Thanksgiving in the hospital last year like a champ. This was after surgery 1 and a day before emergency surgery 2.  SO THANKFUL sissy and I are together at the farm this year!!!



Thanksgiving 2012
Couldn't admire my sissy more!
Read more about Hope's story here and here.

--------------------------------------------

Happy Thanksgiving (one day later)!!!

When thing are great,
AND when circumstances aren't as we like them,
we have eternal joy in salvation through Jesus Christ!

 Let's spread that joy this season and throughout the year!
Blessings and love and joy to you and yours this holiday season!!
Love y'all!


https://www.facebook.com/cheersyall.elise
post signature

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, friend! Have a nice & relaxing long weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think games with family and friends are so much fun! I've never heard of or played Celebrity before...must check it out. I'm so happy your sis is with you at home this Thanksgiving! This year, especially, has found me so very thankful for the health of my family and friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pack the hubby's suitcase too.. I guess it's just habit. What would men do without us? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love games in our house, too! So glad your sister is better and that you get to enjoy the holidays together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving! So thankful your family could be together and healthy.

    p.s. Your inspiration outfit pin is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for sister's health!!!! That's outstanding! I'm always in control of the packing, too... but my hubs has a standard "uniform" of a blue shirt (varying shades) and slacks... so he's pretty easy... ;) Me, on the other hand...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish someone would pack for me. I could just lay on my bed and direct them. Haha. So I could still have control but my hatred of packing would be averted. LOL
    www.wearflowersinyourhair.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad your sister was able to spend Thanksgiving with you all this year! That is definitely a blessing and a huge reason to be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for your sister being home this year! We spent Thanksgiving in the hospital with my little brother, I am believing in God for a miracle and that we will spend next Thanksgiving at home and he will be healed :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad your sis is doing well! I love that ecard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That picture of your cousins is great! We also play games on Thanksgiving (and Christmas) and we LOVE it. Choosing teams is such a strategic process and always ends in laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that ECard!!!! so so true.

    That picture of your cosuins is awesome!!!

    I have never played that game!!!

    WOO! for your sister being w you all this year

    ReplyDelete