Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thanksgiving Style




--For Mark--
Cardigan (Polo - Confession: We bought it in Turkey...I only see similar ones on ebay. ;)) // Button down - got it for 75% off at Belk! (Nautica) // Khaki-colored jeans (Calvin Klein - similar pair here
 
P.S. ...The love for cardigans is all Mark. I have to admit...I had to warm up to the idea of them on guys at first. And now I'm obsessed. He could not look cuter in them!!! He won me over a couple of years ago by looking so stinkin' handsome wearing his cardigan in some of our engagement pictures!! (And the way he says "caahh-digan" is also precious.) Now I'm the man cardigans #1 fan.
 
--For Elise--
All of these are several years old and not found online anymore!
Dress (Nanette Lepore - And it's my sister's. I give credit where credit is due :)) // Crochet Leggings (Forever 21) // Boots (Jessica Simpson) // Necklace TBD (from my mama's closet)
 
 ----------------------------------
 
I had so much fun packing for us to head home for Thanksgiving!! I pack for all of us (Amelia included). I can admit that I love having control over the outfit situation for the hubs. But it is mutually beneficial for us because he'd rather not have to pack anyway. Win-win. :) I'm sure one day far away when we have lots of little Houston kiddos running around, I won't appreciate packing for everyone as much. But for now...I'm loving it!!


Confession: Pinterest inspired my outfit...

Source

1) Because I always love ANYTHING leopard.
2) Because I am also planning on incorporating champs into my life on Thanksgiving. Cheers!
3) Because the leopard dress I chose is flowy, comfy, and who doesn't want to wear leggings on Thanksgiving?!
4) ...And I am hoping to borrow a fancy necklace of sorts from my mama's jewelry drawer to complete the Pinterest inspiration look!
  
Can't wait to see yall's Thanksgiving looks too!
 
Safe travels to all of you who are heading here and there for the holiday!!
 
post signature

24 comments:

  1. Keepin it real girl - loose clothes on Thanksgiving is where it's at. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute outfit! I used to stay away from animal prints, but I warmed up and am loving them now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the outfit!!!

    leggings on thanksgiving is a MUST!!! I know I will be wearing mine too!!

    have a great holiday sweet friend!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You two will look beautiful, no doubt!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love your outfit!!! So cute and comfy :) I get to pick our outfits too, always lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both your outfit choices, especially the cardigan! I've been getting my husband to wear more sweaters lately. They make men look extra handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that your outfit choice is both stylish and comfy! Perfect for any holiday involving yummy food:) Cheers to champs and trips for seconds to the dessert table on Thanksgiving! Happy Thanksgiving, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. eeeek! LOVE the animal print!!! Happy Thanksgiving, you two love birds! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm such a sucker for a man in plaid! Also LOVE the dress and leggings! Gotta love Forever 21! Happy Thanksgiving Eve dear! You're both going to look fab xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all things leopard too! Have fun on Thanksgiving and safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What perfect style for Thanksgiving! I love the leopard print dress. :) Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I love that you pack for you both - I don't think Matt would like everything I pick out for him! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your engagement photos are perfect! I see what you mean about the man cardigan :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Flowey dress and tights - check! Great idea... and so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Leopard print is so primal, yet so classy..Love it! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love leopard too. It's basically a neutral, right?
    www.wearflowersinyourhair.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not going to lie, I totally planned my Thanksgiving outfit around leggings! I just want to be comfortable! Love those Jessica Simpson boots!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the outfit for him! If only I could get my husband to wear something like that...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish I could get my hubs to wear that! Your outfit is super cute!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm loving that leopard -- recently obsessed myself!

    ReplyDelete
  21. In love with your outfit!!! Happy Thanksgiving sweet friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You outfit is great! Love those boots!!

    ReplyDelete