Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Painting our QC Home

After a morning meeting with my designer yesterday (aka my MAMA!), we nailed down paint colors for our Queen City home. It was quick decision time...before the 40% off sale ended at Sherwin Williams. We got it done, and boy was it exciting! At least to me. I stinkin' love this kinda stuff! Hubby and I are planning to do most of the painting ourselves for the first time for the love of saving a few [thousand] bucks. Here goes nothin'!


I took the above picture straight from our meeting venue: our butts on the kitchen floor surrounded by 13905315 paint swatches. So fancy but so necessary because of the natural light. You'll see some old favorites (Jogging Path and Sea Salt) and some newbies (the rest of them!). 

Here's the breakdown:


In my humble opinion, the computer images of the colors only go so far in terms of mimicking reality. They're all a lot lighter in real life. But just for imagination's sake, here's where each of these colors will go!

Sea Salt: Formal Living, Dining Room, Guest Bedroom
This is the second time I've used Sea Salt. It was in the guest bedroom (and almost Nancy's nursery) in our Wilmington home. I believe it to be the perfect combination of gray, mint, and blue all rolled into one perfect neutral.

Jogging Path: Den, Sunroom, Guest Bathroom
Another old favorite, this is the third time I've used Jogging Path in our main living areas. It is hands down the perfect "greige" in my book. I'm really excited about using it in the guest bath. Why? It's going to cover up pink tile! Did y'all know you can paint tile for a temporary quick fix instead of gutting the bathroom? Goodbye pink (on the walls and floor), hello Jogging Path! Thank. Goodness.

Pearly White: Foyer, Hallway, Master Bedroom, Brick Fireplace
I chose this color completely inspired by the walls of my sister's new home (which are Benjamin Moore China White). I knew I wanted more "white space" in our next home, and this was our pick! Yay for white!!! (Even though the above image doesn't make it look white at all. Oh well! Silly computers.)

White Dogwood: Nursery
Okay. Mom and Hope had to talk me into this one. If it weren't for Mallory's most recent One Room Challenge using this color, I probably would've kept my foot down with keeping Nancy's nursery Sea Salt. So...light pink nursery...here we come! Eeeek! And confession: the fact that this paint color is called "white dogwood" totally helped. A) The word "white" is in the color, and B) Dogwood is the North Carolina state flower! So fitting for my tiny southern girl, right? :)

Anonymous: All interior doors
I've used SW Urbane Bronze in the past (which I still love!), but mama talked me into changing it up and using Anonymous. She said it's what she'll choose in the future, so I'm just going for it. She's a pro; I'm sure she's right about this decison. (I still love you, Urbane Bronze!) Anonymous still makes for a dark door--and I love dark doors always--so I'm sure I'll love it.

[Omitted: Kitchen, Mudroom/Laundry, Master Bath]
The kitchen is currently light gray, so we're keeping it that way. Same for the mudroom/laundry. Our beautiful master bathroom has royal blue tile and light blue walls with silver glitter...we are just going to live with that special combo until we save up to gut the master bath. I'll just pretend I'm a unicorn in a land of sparkles in the meantime. For the future, I'm daydreaming of light gray walls or a geometric wallpaper (maybe it would be better to not sand the glitter?) and lots of chrome hardware with whites/grays in all finishes.

If you read all of this, God bless you. I love interior design, so this post is thrilling to me while to others...it might be like watching paint dry. ;) Nonetheless, I am so excited to jump back into home decor posts and updates soon! Can't wait, y'all!

...And a blast from the past to remember:
THINK before you PAINT: 7 Thoughts to Consider

No comments:

Post a Comment