Monday, June 8, 2015

Awesomeness

Happy Monday! I have a few random thoughts running through my mind this morning, so I want to share them with y'all, of course!

Source

First of all, thank you for all of your sweet comments and feedback with Nancy's birth story -- especially concerning my tearfully joyous "I AM SO AWESOME!" reaction to laboring 8cm sans epidural. I loved hearing snippets of your birth stories too, and the conclusion I've made as a result is that we are all (freaking) awesome. Seriously! Every birth story is beautiful. Whether you got an epidural from the start, had a c-section, naturally labored, a combination of those, water birthed, home birthed...whatever. EVERY birth story is awesome because it's written by a good, loving God. Every human is made in the image of God (Gen 1:27), and we--all of us women--we carry these tiny humans for 9 months, fall in love with them in the womb, and birth them. What a gift! So yeah. Women are awesome. We rock. You rock. The end. :)


I got this precious devotional for new mamas from a sweet family friend (Hi, Patti!), and I decided that the perfect time to read a devotion a day was during my wee-hours-of-the-morning feeding. This was what I read on Saturday. How fitting. :) Amen? You are amazing!


You might've caught the news on Instagram, but if you didn't, we will be calling this house our home sooner than later! We are so excited and very obsessed. We love the curb appeal, the traditional ranch layout...aaaaaand that it needs a little bit of updating. Think so much mustard yellow paint in too many rooms, pink tile in one bathroom and royal blue tile in the other. Oh, and silver glitter all over the master bathroom walls. Like, legit glitter. I'm giddy with design ideas running through my head. How I've missed home and decor blog posts!!! All that to say...many more of those will be coming your way later this summer! HOORAY!

Hope your weekends were fabulous. We spent lots of time at Hope and Spyros' new house. Unpacking, frozen pizza, drinks, and kitchen dance party perfection. Also--I'm determined to get Hope back on the blog radar ASAP. Yes?! Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment