Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Twenty-Eight

Via
I love this week. Birthday week is fun because I share it with my husband. I catch up to him for 4 whole days, and then he's a year older than me again. :)

This year I told Marky not to get me anything again. Remember? We commonly skip the gifts when it comes to each other. He already got me a rockin' push present a short bit ago, and we have some fun adventures on the horizon. Instead I asked for a love note (No, really. I did. Maybe my #1 love language is touch, but #2 is words of affirmation)...and for him to try to put his clothes in the hamper this week or hang them back up if they're not dirty. It's the little things, right? :)

Today I plan to relish in countless minutes of baby snuggles, watch the Bachelorette, and I look forward to breaking my cookie cake streak (3 cookie cakes in the past month calls for a change, maybe? They're so good but I've definitely eaten proooobbbaly over one cake to myself sooo...). My request? An edible arrangement of fruit!!!! Kidding. I love me some fruit. For real. But pssshhh not for a birthday. I went for the real deal (duh): Ben & Jerry's ice cream cake. Okay, okay...I specifically requested one in the shape of a heart called "sprinkle explosion." CANNOT. WAIT. FOR. THAT. RAINBOW. SPRINKLE. GOODNESS. 


Cheers to year 28...and to the fact that each year as Elise Houston gets better and better. I love being married, I love my growing little family, and goodness gracious how I love this life! Thank you, Lord, from whom all blessings flow!!!! 

And--just for fun--last year's posts:
Twenty-Seven
Birthday Reflections [She Designed a Life She Loved]
Birthday Paddleboarding
 

P.S. You know what else is fun about birthdays? Giveaways. So check back tomorrow for a little birthday giveaway fun...and perhaps the cutest blonde baby model you've ever seen...

No comments:

Post a Comment