Monday, May 18, 2015

Family Staycation

Staycation. I couldn't say that our little fam had ever been on one of those until now! We spent the weekend about 5 miles down the road at my grandparents' home. Why? A little Wells Fargo Championship golf fun and relaxation weekend. It was such a fun change of scenery and pace. And, I have to admit, I appreciated packing for a newborn for the first time with the safety net of knowing we could go back and get something if we needed it. For the record, we didn't go back and get anything! ...Well, I did forget to pack dresses for Nancy and had my mom bring a few of those. ;)

FRIDAY

 With my sista and my baby. :) Y'all. Wearing a baby is like walking a puppy. Everyone looks at you and goes, "Awwww! Look!" It's extremely entertaining. Fun fact: the men are more into (or less subtle about?) the reactions of "Look! Baby!" than the women. 

 My Mimi was in Spain for my cousin's graduation, so sweet Papaw was our host for the weekend. He gets lonely without Mimi around, so we were honored to keep him company all weekend. Bless this man! I love him so much. He is the sweetest...and it was pretty special for him to get some extra Nancy time to himself. :) -- We began and ended each day on the porch: coffee in the morning and cocktails at night. The best.

SATURDAY
...Okay maybe we missed one morning on the porch because we slept in WAY late on Saturday. Of course I was up at points of the night feeding Nancy, but us four Houstons (Amelia included, duh) didn't rise from our bedroom till 11:30AM. Say WHAT!? I know. Staycation victory right there. Next we got ourselves ready for the day and headed to lunch at Cowfish with my Dad and his girlfriend. Everyone loved passing the baby around the table, and we even celebrated my birthday a few days early with cookie cake.

 Nancy and her Abuelo -- SUCH a chill baby. Look at her! Bless.

Lunch: a Moscow mule,  make your own sushi (what I always go for at Cowfish!), and cucumber salad

 Cookie cake. I love cookie cake SO DANG MUCH. I cut the cake and gave myself the piece with the most icing. :)

 Our little family on the 18th. I love my people so darn much.

 Pimms on the porch
 Into the night with Nancy...and Baron, my grandparents' doberman and the dopiest, sweetest, clunkhead of a dog you've ever met. We are obsessed with him and convinced that our next dog (someday far away!) will be a doberman.

SUNDAY

 We only slept in till 9:45 (HA! So staycay spoiled!) today, so coffee on the porch still happened.

 Yes...the cool breeze called for extended morning porch time. Multiple cups of coffee, family snuggles, and--of course--soccer.

 The highlight of my day. Love her snuggles. I wonder if her #1 love language will be touch like her mommy and daddy. I wouldn't be surprised -- she loves to be close to us. (And I eat. it. up.)

 Amelia's heavenly view

Since I wore the baby around the golf tournament on Friday and Saturday, Mark had the honor on Sunday. He [obviously] rocked it.

Yes, indeed. That was our first staycation in a nutshell. I think it shall be the first of hopefully many future stay-cays to come. Tell me: have y'all ever taken a "staycation?" Fill me in on the deets! I want to store up some ideas. :) 

Cheers to a wonderful, wonderful weekend! 

Sources: Friday Dress (SOLD OUT) but similar here & here | Saturday dress (super old) - similar dress; romper | Made in America with British Parts onesie, Heart Leggings (40% off!) | Sunglasses are knockoffs of these...but mine are from Old Navy! | Baby Wrap | Baby Carrier

No comments:

Post a Comment