Thursday, May 28, 2015

Bits of Life No. 3

Oh, life. Life is grand, and summer is just around the corner. I'm still working on getting myself into a bit of a blogging rhythm (yep, still need to write Nancy's birth story and 1 month update!), but I think that is about to happen now that my mornings will be more routine...because I love a good routine. It's the kindergarten teacher in me. Now that I got the all clear to work out again (WAHOO!), getting my booty to class at 8:15 every morning will surely jumpstart my days and my energy. So pumped (in more than one way...ha!). Anyway, here is an informal, photo-filled peek into what's been going on the past week and a half...


Still on my green juice kick while visiting a lovely new spot. ;)

My girl and I filled one day with shopping and errands. I sipped champagne while helping my sis make outfit decisions with a her birthday gift certificate. It was a tough job, but someone had to do it. ;) CLT girls: have y'all been to Traveling Chic Boutique yet?! It's new on Selwyn. Love it. There are a lot of Free People-ish looking items there that make my heart go pitter patter. Nancy and I also (obviously) took a quick to the grocery store. We walked from my mama's since we only needed a few items.

Cheeky chats with Tina

And midday walks around Freedom Park with Harper and Mama Mal.

Yes, I take obnoxious amounts of pictures of my daughter and think every one is cute.
Cheering Nancy, Little Marky Nancy, and Yawning Nancy. You're welcome. (At least I'm owning it. ;))

Who knew Amelia would be the best big sister on Earth!? (I didn't.) Tina loves the baby!

My mommy wore the baby for the first time...and loved it. We love baby wearing.
My honey's 29th birthday! Ohhh how blessed am I to do life with beside this hunk?!

Birthday bros. Playing chess and Football Manager. Simultaneously. 

In our family, you get to pick your birthday dinner. Typically us Davis kids request take out since we're all notorious homebodies. Mark's request? Diva Mama's Chicken Pie (made by our dear family friend, Mama Len! And quite obviously Mark's most favorite meal by a mile. Or ten.) and lemon meringue pie. He's just going with the stereotype that English people love pies. (Yep.)

We celebrated Marky's birthday again the next night when our English family came into town! Marks mum and dad made the trek across the pond as well as Mark's favorite cousin, Heather, and her husband, James. The night consisted of lots of yummy food, drinks, catching up...and passing around the baby.

This view. These two. I love my new normal.

Nancy loves her Nana!

Documenting Nancy's first trip to Mimi and Papaw's farm 
(She was in my tummy around here just weeks beforehand for our maternity pics!)

Grandmimi, Chief, and the littlest lady who made them great-grandparents
(But seriously, HOW CUTE ARE MY GRANDPARENTS?!?!)

Twins? Mark left, Nancy right

Owning it (again and always): while waiting on my doctor to come in for my postpartum checkup, I entertained myself by pointing my phone's camera at my child and taking pics of the cute faces. 1) Woke up from a scary dream like that. BLESS that cute crying face! 2) Raise the roof, little Nancy!

All smiles because we both had checkups that day and got clean bills of health. Hooray!

My in-laws ended their CLT stay at our favorite spot: Dressler's. Home of our rehearsal dinner, our last date night before baby, and the best hospitality around--hands down!



Just for fun:
Bits of Life  (I just had fun looking through this myself and saw a little wish that came true...! ;))
Bits of Life | No. 2

No comments:

Post a Comment