Friday, May 15, 2015

Nancy's Newborn Photos

Truth: I was initially conflicted about the setting of these photos. I imagined our first professional family photos being taken in Nancy's carefully crafted nursery. Well, we're currently living with my mom while we are in between home selling and buying in Wilmington and Charlotte. The idea of taking pictures in my sister's room at my mom's house (where our little family currently rests our heads) just didn't feel sentimental to me. Mom only moved into this house in 2012 , so I never actually lived here growing up or anything like that. I am thankful to be here...so thankful to be here...but it just didn't feel like the right location for our family pictures.

Fortunately, I'd seen (and drooled and swooned over) pictures our friend Cameron took in the hospital after her sister gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. I remember clicking through them on Facebook, tearing up, and immediately texting my sister to say, "Did you see those pictures? Cam made the hospital look like heaven.

So that's what we did too. Hospital heaven, if you will. Cameron came to our room at 10am on April 25, 2015 --  about 14 hours after Nancy was born. She captured us soaking in the reality of our newest tiny family member. She captured love, joy, and freshness. Us learning each other. Awe. She loves the Lord so purely and I truly believe that through the Holy Spirit, she captures moments as He sees them through her camera lens.






































No comments:

Post a Comment