Monday, August 3, 2015

The Faith of a Child [That Changes a Mama]

Via
Nancy takes up most of my thoughts and energy these days, and I wouldn't have it any other way. All the time I spend with her got me thinking...

My sweet baby girl is and has been completely dependent on me (and daddy too) since birth. She needs me for food, for comfort, for nourishment, for snuggles, for keeping her warm or cool, for safety...everything!  She can't do anything for herself because she is a baby. Though obvious, that simple truth got to me. I was led to dig deep in my heart about what it means to have a "childlike faith." I know form Scripture about how much Jesus loves little children and how our faith should be like theirs.
Via

What if we were completely dependent on Jesus in the same way that babies are completely dependent on their parents? How would our lives be different if we needed Him as much as baby needs his/her mommy or daddy?

Being a mommy is certainly making me reexamine my personal relationship with Jesus. Nancy is already inspiring me to trust, need, and completely depend on Him more. I want to need Jesus as much as Nancy needs me.

Worship Supplements: Unashamed Love; Lord, I Need You
P.S. She Reads Truth "This is the Gospel" begins today! Join me? It's free on the website [always], and it's free on the app for this study! 

No comments:

Post a Comment