Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Wilmiversary

[all pics via instagram]
View from the Loop | Riding bikes to the beach | Fall 2013
Sunset on the North End | CHEERS to our 1 year Wilmiversary | Snow on the beach!
Spring 2013 | That goregeousness is from February | New Year's Eve with friends + pups on the North End
 
One year ago we made a big change. 
After one year of marriage, we both quit our jobs and decided to move.
From soccer to the corpoarte world for Mark. From 4 years of teaching full time to part time nannying for me.
Not to mention leaving my hometown...my church, my family, and years upon years of deep, intricate friendships.
Go big or go home. We went big.
 
We always knew we wanted to live at the beach someday, we just never imagined it to be so soon.
And I'm so glad it came sooner than expected.
Through moments of doubt and loneliness in our transition, I can type this one year later and confidently say, 
"Yes...this is where we are supposed to be."

This beautiful place is our home.
We have roots here now.
And we're still falling more and more in love with it.

I smiled reading this Scripture in the She Reads Truth Hebrews study yesterday. As many times as I've read these words before, I felt like I saw them with fresh eyes. They loudly resonated with me as I reflected on the past year and anticipated the many more years to come.

Via
Cheers to the journey thus far and to the adventures that await us.
Cheers to beach life!
Feeling so, so, so thankful.
I love this place.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment