Thursday, August 21, 2014

Best of Wilmington + Wrightsville | Foodie Faves

So obviously one of the best parts of moving to a new town is finding all of your new favorite spots. Food spots especially. Living in Charlotte my whole life, I know my Queen City staples for every which kind of food. Discovering our favorites here in Wilmington has been rather fun (and very tasty).
 
Here the list we've made as a result of our one year Wilmiversary: our current favorite restuarants in Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach...
 
My Go-To Favorite
Fresh, local, healthy, super casual, and it's where I venture to after Pure Barre everyday to fill up my Epic water bottle with their infused water. I tend to always make my own salad with organic chicken and it's THE BEST. There menu has HUNDREDS of customizable options whether your craving pizza, something Asian inspired, or you just want a burger!
 
Favorite $$ Splurge  
Looks like a hole in the wall, yet when you walk in there are bottles of line with cray-cray price tags. Best seafood ever. Better than any of the places on the Intercoastal!
The menu changes daily depending on what the restaurant has that's fresh and local. And it tastes incredible. No frozen-then-heated anything here! You can seriously taste the freshness.

Favorite Unhealthy Splurge
We loved this more right when we moved...but I think it has gotten new management and we (and a few other folks we know) have had a couple of disappointing customer service experiences. With that said, take out is the way to go. And the buffalo chips with ranch...worth every calorie. My favorite sandwich is "The Fav."
 
Best Lunch
Downtown. Awesome atmosphere. Crazy reasonable prices for lunch/brunch. So good. Oh...they also have some pretty fancy flavored cake doughnuts.
 
Best Breakfast
It's just your staple Southern, hole-in-the-wall, down home restaurant that's only open till 2 daily. You can get your collards, crab in your omelette, or M&Ms in your pancakes.
 
Best Mexican
Two words: salsa bar. And my salsa bar favorite? Wasabi avocado. For my salsa loving self, this one is a no-brainer. The menu is insane, the Flaming Amy is spicy goodness, the chips are perfection, and it reminds me of my beloved Carrburritos in my Chapel Hill days.
2nd Place: Las Olas
It's closer to us, has good specials, and Mexi-Q is a fun take on Mexican.

Best Sushi
...You had me at 1/2 priced sushi menu nightly form 5-7. :)
 
Little Gem
Basically a miniature Whole Foods with a cafe/salad bar/juice bar inside. Obsessed.
 
Best Eats Right Around the Corner
Good seafood. And they have a 1/2 priced wine night. But apparently what we need to do is try their Sunday brunch...it's supposed to be THE best.
 
Best Spot in WB
This place is perfect and my obsession. My favorite organic juice is Dawn Patrol (I have a thing for beets and the way they make drinks hot pinkish). The best thing on the menu in my opinion? The Green Room acai bowl (made with almond milk or coconut water). Your mouth thinks you're eating fro-yo topped with bananas, granola, and honey, but you're really eating frozen, organic acai berries with TONS of antioxidants! Win-win.

Best Bar [in terms of atmosphere AND cocktails!]
It's in an alley downtown with no fancy door or sign. The door is metal and there is one small wooden sign with an elephant painted on it. You wonder if you're even walking into the right place...I love it. It's a speakeasy and you certainly do feel like you're in one! Other perks...the exposed brick with 20's movies playing on it and a piano player.

The One We've Heard So Much About and Still Need to Try
I am told that this would win for best sandwich. Hands down. Marky and I need to go ASAP! 
  

What did I miss? Where should Marky and I go next?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment