Friday, August 8, 2014

Us

It's Friday. And I'm happy. After 5 days apart, I'll be reunited with my love this evening! In our [nearly] 2 years of marriage, this is the longest span we've been apart. It wasn't fun. And trust me -- I know tougher for sure! In dating while across an ocean, we typically went 3-4 months in between seeing each other.

Marriage. There's something different about it that makes the being away even harder. The Bible teaches us that "the two will become one" (Genesis 2:24), and I believe that to the fullest. We don't have separate lives anymore. We've made a life of our own. Together. It's ours. My days are as much Mark's as they are mine. We're in this together -- for better for worse. And there's no one I'd rather share my life with.

In anticipation of our 2 year anny on Monday, bear with me through this [not chronological!] walk down memory lane. Before we were one. :)

 Visiting the Biltmore Estate | Asheville, NC 

 Myrtle Beach, SC...one of the few beaches I'd ever been to before moving to ILM! 

 Family trip to Nassau, Bahamas

 Attending my cousins's deb ball!

 Mark's beautiful hometown | Barton-under-Needwood, England

 Touring the Britannia in Scotland

 The local pub in Mark's hometown

 Reunited :)

 Being super serious at our engagement party.
 Visiting the city when Marky lived in Sleep Hollow, NY for about 2 years.

 Our little family before we were officially a family.

 More Myrtle Beach lovin'

 Cheesin' at The Poop Deck

 Central Park stroll

 And Times Square too

 Showing Mark's parents around camp

 About to leave him in NY and head back home to NC

NYE 2009 in Charlotte

 Squinty happy hour pup love

 Baaaaaby puppy Amelia in summer 2009

Lots of Central Park visits while Marky lived in NY
 
So that's a bit of us before we were we. :) Thanks for hanging in there with me.

Now to head back home to CLT for a wedding weekend! I can't think of a better way to spend the days leading up to our anny than to sit in the very church where we got married and witness another couple saying their vows to each other.

Happy weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment