Friday, August 22, 2014

Family Time

 On Wednesday evening, my sweet, precious grandparents--Mimi and Papaw--came to spend the night with us at our new home in Wilmington. They were staying at their condo in Myrtle Beach, so the drive was a bit shorter than their drive from Charlotte would have been!

I was so excited to host them. After living here for a year and getting to know our town, I couldn't wait to show them around and have them spend the night in the guest room!

River walking before dinner downtown

 Beautiful sunset over the battleship
We had dinner at Rx -- one of my Wilmington foodie faves!

Amelia and I were up early...she was anxiously awaiting for Mimi and Papaw to emerge from their room!

Prettiest Mimi in the world rocking her fanny pack

Top down on the Jeep -- showing Mimi an Papaw around the neighborhood and Wrightsville Beach!

Mimi and Papaw and their first grandbaby. 
Love them so much.

 Loves of mine

I mean. Do you melt, or what?
Absolute inspiration!

 The water was gorgeous yesterday. Pictures never do it justice.
Oh, and of course...after our walk we headed to Surf Berry! Duh.
Mimi and Papaw loved their green room acai bowls.

Aren't grandparents the best? I cannot even begin to describe how much I love and appreciate mine. It is all too rare to spend one-on-one quality time with them, so I treasured this little trip with my whole heart. (And as much as I loved the quality time...it also made me even more excited to spend Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas with my craycray/silly/bonkers/hilarious cousins!!!!)

I was sad for Mimi and Papaw to leave, but I'll see them soon when Marky and I head back to Charlotte in September. And, I have to admit, it was a bit less hard to say "bye" because my MOMMY is coming today! We plan to relax, LTB, and beach it all weekend. Can't wait! See you soon, Mama!

Happiest Friday to you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment