Saturday, September 28, 2013

what's in a name

I'm into names. What they mean, where they come from....all that good stuff. I mean, my future kids' names are already picked out. Middle names included. Yup, I'm owning it.

Naturally, I gave special thought to the name of this blog, and I figured it would be appropriate to explain how "cheers y'all" got its name. Some decor details from our wedding day say it best. They were made personally and perfectly by the oh-so-lovely Becca from Rebecca Rose Events (Thanks, Becca!!!).
 
Image by Elizabeth Scott Photography

"Cheers" in the title our blog isn't meant to be interpreted merely as the afterthought of a post-toast-drink-clink. With my English hubby's influence, it's also meant to be an expression of gratitude. A way of saying thank you

I added "y'all" to put the "down home" feel on it. I'm a Southerner born and raised. "Y'all" has always been a part of my vernacular. Even Mark has been caught saying it on many occasions...even though he can't take himself seriously when he does (and neither can anyone else). :)


Photo by Elizabeth Scott Photography
 I loved this glowy candlelight setup at our wedding!!!
 Can you spot the dusty miller too? Also obsessed with that greenery. It's my favorite.

Photo by Elizabeth Scott Photography
 Koozies for clinking the beer bottles in a toast AND as a "thank you for coming!" 


So...thanks for coming to the blog. Cheers! Forever expressing my gratitude and toasting to everyday life.
post signature

5 comments:

  1. so cool!!! I love to know whats behind the name of blogs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to finally know the meaning! And love the Cheers prints you had at your wedding! They look amazing with the favors :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear the story behind your name! And I love that it was tied into the wedding, too! It's really cute, but meaningful at the same time. A great combination! :)

    So funny that your husband says y'all! Riley uses it in every other sentence, but it has yet to come out of my mouth naturally, haha. I don't know if I have it in me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the name...great nod to your husband as well as your roots. I see you're a fan of the Rhonna Designs app too...I love it! Glad I found you through the link up....I'm a new follower now!

    Anne
    www.lovethehereandnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've alway LOVED the name of your blog. Now that I know the story behind it, I love it even more! How fun that you guys have a word that is special to you. Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete