Friday, September 27, 2013

5 on Friday: Wilmington Edition

My first 5 on Friday link-up....and I'm pumped about this! Cheers to the lovely lady creators of this fun idea (hiii Darci, April, Christina, and Natasha!)!!
Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

Since we are new residents of Wilmington, NC, I figured I should make my first 5 on Friday about our new beach life. Here are my 5 most favorite things about our move so far!

  
BEACH PROXIMITY
Did I mention that we live at the beach now? ;) Still can't get over it. Pinch me. This is where we went last weekend...
 


Can you guess what we're doing this weekend too? Eee!

 HUBBY TIME
Cheeeeeeeesssseeee. I know. But really. We had a (BIG) summer together. It was filled with lots of travel and both of us having some down time together before beginning new jobs with our relocation. To me our summer of travel + moving to a new place where we don't really know anyone/have a lot of friends (...yet!)  just means that I get some extra qt with my honey. I couldn't be more thankful for it. Last year with me teaching kindergarten and Mark coaching soccer, we had completely opposite schedules...since the only time kids can play soccer is when they're, of course, out of school.

All that to say, I've been soaking up every minute I've gotten with this handsome hubby of mine!


:)


ROOTS
Mark did a really great job living life in Charlotte, NC, with me. Our first year of marriage was super fun, but I couldn't help but notice how he so selflessly dropped himself into my hometown, my family, my church, my friends, my favorite restaurants...you get the picture. 

I am so happy that we moved somewhere where we can grow our own roots.  Just our little family! A place we can discover together.  :)

Rhonna Designs // Rhonna Designs app

NESTING
As the daughter of an incredible interior designer, I think my love for all things home is in my blood. I love making our new place reflect my style (because the hubs isn't too into decorating...free reign for me!) and who we are as a family.



These are the pillows I just posted about here

COOKING
Let it be known that I used to hate cooking. The fanciest meal I made in our first year of marriage consisted of 2 frozen crab cakes and mushroom risotto, both precisely from the frozen section of Trader Joe's. Heat it up, serve, bam.

I knew that with this change from teacher-to-nanny, I could put a lot more time into being the wife I have always dreamed of being. Knowing my way around the kitchen came along with that dream. I definitely wouldn't proclaim myself as a "good cook" yet (I still have a LOT to try/learn), but I am surprising myself and actually enjoying meal planning and attempting recipes. Truth.

I find myself texting pictures to my sister and girlfriends around dinnertime every night and asking the question, "Who am I?!?!?!"

This week I tried a butternut squash and kale quesadillas recipe. Y-U-M! 
Did you see this pic on my insta? Recipe coming soon!!

Okay...woo!!! I hope I did this right! 5 on Friday FUN!


post signature

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, so jealous that that beautiful beach is so close to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't believe it!!! It's like a dream world!

      Delete
  2. HI THERE!! First of all, I'm just a tad envious of your new city.... what I'd give to be by the beach! Sounds like there's a lot of fun for y'all ahead in your new home!

    And secondly, those quesadillas.... are you kidding me?! They look great - and healthy! Yes, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darci! Hiiii! :) You are the sweetest!!! We agree...a lot of fun ahead in our new home!

      And YESSSSS to those quesidillas. Can't wait to share the recipe. The hubs wasn't feeling the idea at first and wound up loving them! so. good.

      Delete
  3. My sister-in-law is from Wilmington! We stayed right on Wrightsville Beach at their wedding--its beautiful there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the cutest! So happy you found me so I could find you! Can't wait to read more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy to have found your blog! It is so adorable, and I love looking at your wedding links. Your pics are gorgeous. We are getting married in Wilmington next year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww...thanks girlie!! What an exciting time you are in! Soak it all up --- it's the best day you'll plan in your whole life! I still love looking through our pictures and remembering what a special time it was! Holler if you have any questions about anything, love! xx

      Delete
  6. Wow, that's lots of moving! Thanks for the encouragement. I couldn't agree more -- the friends thing is the hardest part! We're looking forward to joining a church soon. We just have a few more we want to try before deciding. I know and trust the friend community will flow naturally after that. Until then I am just being patient and enjoying this new place!! And cooking, of course...!! :) Looking forward to keeping up with you as well, girlie! xx

    ReplyDelete