Thursday, July 2, 2015

Painting: Before + After

We did it. We painted our whole house. We were motivated by the $4k painting quotes we received, and I'm so glad we went for it. It felt good to save thousands of dollars and do something that requires more patience and inconvenience than skill. Here are some before and afters of our "masterpiece." It's not perfect, but it's ours. That's exactly what makes it so special. Mark and I made quite the team since he likes rolling, and I like taping and detail. Boom. We rocked it over the course of two weekends maxing out at 4 hours a day. See? It really wasn't that bad. Call me crazy (because I know this sounds bonkers), but I thought there was something romantic about listening to good music and making our house a home with my husband. Cannot wait to move in soon...!

Formal Living + Dining
Before: Yellow and even brighter yellowy orange | After: Sherwin Williams Sea Salt

Sunroom
Before: More Yellow | After: Sherwin Williams Jogging Path

Master Bedroom
Before: Pale, pale blue (which I actually didn't mind--a very pretty color! I just wanted "white space" in our bedroom) | After: Sherwin Williams Pearly White (walls) Sherwin Williams Anonymous (doors)

Guest Bedroom
Before: My mom called it "flesh." Up close it was tan/pink/nude all rolled into one. A weird color. | After: Sherwin Williams Sea Salt

Guest room interior doors (all Sherwin Williams Anonymous) in progress

Hallway
Before: (You guessed it?) YELLOW. | After: Sherwin Williams Pearly White
Our hallway is my favorite!!! I love the contrast of pearly white with the dark doors. I cannot wait to get a gallery wall up along the biggest wall.


Not pictured...
Kitchen/Laundry/Mudroom: (The one room we didn't paint! It's light gray. :))
Den: Before: Yellow (duh) | After: Sherwin Williams Jogging Path; Brick Fireplace: Sherwin Williams Pearly White
Nancy's Nursery: Before: "Flesh" | After: Sherwin Williams White Dogwood
Bathrooms: TBD...we'll get back to you on painting pink tile and sanding a billion specks of glitter off of the walls...

Aaaand done! The look of success at the end. Since this was our first "go" at painting, I didn't know if this experience was going to make us want to strangle each other or not. Fortunately it was a project we both enjoyed and felt proud of! 

Also -- a big shout out (and thank you!!!!!) to my sissy for being Nancy's babysitter. We couldn't have pulled this off without dropping Nancy [and bottles full of pumped milk] off at sissy's house before painting each weekend. Cheers, sista!

Past Posts:
Think Before You Paint: 7 Thoughts to Consider
Painting our QC Home

No comments:

Post a Comment