Monday, January 21, 2013

Burundi

Photo Credit: Jeanette Reber, our AMAZING team leader!!

When I decided that 2013 was our year of travel, I did not foresee what God had in store for us. Truthfully, I was thinking about our 2013 travel plans rather selfishly. I focused on where we wanted to go, who we wanted to see, what means we would use to get to each desired place.

Then God brought us this opportunity...and it straight up whacked me in the face with His goodness and sovereignty.

Burundi: "The Heart of Africa"
Mark and I will travel to Bujumbura, Burundi, for just over a week this summer with our amazing church, Forest Hill.  We look forward to beginning the preparation process for our trip. We met with our team tonight, and we leave exactly 5 months from today!!

This trip forces us to depend totally on God -- mentally, financially, and spiritually. This is His plan for us. This is a time when creatures who seek complete control of their lives (...me, me, ME!) have to surrender completely.

Please join with us in prayer for the nation of Burundi as well as for the students and teachers we will meet, love on, and serve this June.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment