Thursday, October 22, 2015

One Room Challenge | Guest Room Week 3

Previously:
Week 1
Week 2
Woo! My orders came in this week, and the simple changes are already making the room feel lighter and lovelier. I cannot tell you how much difference it makes changing out the bedding quilt from the former ecru matlasse bedding to my new $40 (! - for real) bright white bedding set.


Hello, love! Sure, it's no Pottery Barn pick-stitch quilt like we have in our bedroom, but that gets used everyday, so it's worth a splurge. This bedding set is perfect for our not-so-frequently used guest room. The fact that it came with 2 shams too was the icing on the cake. Plus, there is lots of goodness under that quilt -- not just sheets but and a thick, cozy blanket. So did this $40 fix win me over? Absolutely. White bedding for the win. Always. (P.S. If white beddings aren't your thing it does come in other colors as well! :))

My curtains came in too, but they still look like this. I'll have more details on them next week.



The last package that arrived? The industrial inspired curtain rods! From WAL MART, y'all. I bought them in black since it was the cheapest, then I spray painted them silver. I was really pleased at how shiny the paint was since the gold spray paint I used in Nancy's room was more dull. I used Valspar Metallic spray paint in silver.


Progress: less crap. (Yessssssss.) But now I need to bite the bullet and decide on some nightstands. My love for symmetry yearns for matching nightstands. It's true.


Here are the current nightstand contenders:




1 // 2 // 3



I love mixing modern and traditional, sooooo maybe you can guess my favorite (especially for the value!)?

I also moved this piece to the tall wall between the windows, and I'm loving it there. This will give me room for nightstand symmetry too. I'm thinking about using this as a vanity? The front of our house gets much better light than the back of our house, so this could be my little makeup station. In the guest bedroom, I know, but whatever.


Those white curtains are going to make this space look dreamy! I just know it! Can't wait to get them hung ASAP.

TO DO LIST

Find/purchase/thrift: curtain rods, curtains, matching/similar nightstands, white bedding, art for above the bed (?), lamps, a chair (?), a bench (?)
Install curtain hardware + curtains
Declutter/sell/find a place for/get rid of ALL JUNK *(Almost finished! Just the jewelry to sort out now!)
Replace fixture
Actually organize and file the monster pile of papers in the closet
Makeover the file cabinet
Repair H pillow (not happening--it's too ivory for the new white bedding!)


Last thing--shameless plug [owning it]--Nancy's Nursery was picked as a finalist for Project Nursery's October Room. Would you take just a second to vote for The Loveliest Nursery? Please? Thank you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment